Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac Deville (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-deville-15/)
-   -   Dealers Dont want Used Devilles (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-deville-15/dealers-dont-want-used-devilles-6015/)

tommygunner06 05-01-2008 09:08 PM

Dealers Dont want Used Devilles

Well I was just looking at the new Nissan Altima and pulled in to a Nissan dealership. Just keep your Cadillacs guys,,the dealers dont want "big" engine cars now with the price of gas. After he said they didnt want my car on a trade in I just laffed and walked away. I get 25 mpg city and 30 on the hwy. It is a 2003, white and lots of chrome. Now I know the 90,000 miles didnt help but my car is driven very easy and syn oil every 4,000 miles. Leather is perfect and has conditioner put on every month. I will keep it and drive it easy to make it last longer.

Katzmans Caddy 05-01-2008 09:53 PM

RE: Dealers Dont want Used Devilles

Funny you should mention gas mileage, I always enjoy taking a highway run and challenging myself to see how good I can get. Last Sunday morning on a run to an automotive flea market I pumped the tires up to 40 pounds all round then set out. At times I saw the instant read out as low as 3 litres per 100 km, imagine when I flipped over to imperial and it read 69 miles per gallon, speedo said 67 MPH. I notice that the road surface had a big impact on mileage too, much better on recently paved stretches.

To your point though the reaction to increased gas prices is swift, GM laid off 900 plant workers in Oshawa this week, they made GMC and Chevy trucks.

NAFTA 05-01-2008 10:22 PM

Damn you guys are lucky, I got v power in my '95 ETC, i do mostly city driving and i cant break 20 liters to 100 km, or 12 MPG. My tires are at 44 PSI. Besides driving style, what can I physicaly improve or change on the car so i can get better gas milage: Plugs, fliter, wireset, cold air intake, etc.... ?

Stealth 05-01-2008 10:55 PM

liters and Km ?
next you gonna tell me the pumps will be pumping liters?
my gray comptuer is confused ...

Katzmans Caddy 05-02-2008 11:54 PM

NAFTA, can't see you getting much better that 15 litres per 100km in all city driving, it is a big heavy car to get moving from stop light to stop light and idle time kills mileage. Warmer weather should help too and soft pedal that accelerator.

NAFTA 05-03-2008 12:25 AM

Any other MECHANICAL additions or replacements i can make to the Lac to make it burn less ?

stomper 05-03-2008 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: NAFTA

Any other MECHANICAL additions or replacements i can make to the Lac to make it burn less ?
Add a spinnaker ?

Lithorian 05-05-2008 10:06 AM

the lay offs are due to the american axel strike, GM's productions are pretty much at a stand still