Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

New Member, New car, 1 small Fuel Data issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Default New Member, New car, 1 small Fuel Data issue

Good afternoon,

New member, 1st post, 1st Cadillac... FAR from my 1st car, restoration, hotrod, etc. Highly mechanically skilled. While I'm certain I can eventually figure this out... I'm hoping for tips to help me save time.

I Inherited a PRISTINE 1991 Sedan DeVille (Yellow ext, yellow int), almost exactly 100k miles. It sat for 6 years, and was barely driven the 6 years prior to that. My grandparents bought it new in 91, and I have receipts for every repair and bit of maintenance ever done, including a complete fuel injector system, as well as the entire A/C system. We were going to donate the car to a local high school, but once I got it running and cleaned 6 years worth of grime off it... I fell in love with it, and decided to keep it. I'm having it shipped from KY to FL (brakes need to be bled badly, and I'd prefer to change all the fluids before driving it too). I've already ordered a few "aesthetic" parts for it that were cracked or slightly damaged over the years. The car it self should be in the next 2 weeks or so.

It started, and as smoothly and as quietly as any brand new car I've ever driven. Everything works.... all the lights, the A/C, the cruise, all the digital stuff on the dash, the stereo... it all works 100%. The engine ran like a brand new car... no misses, no hesitation... it was amazing considering how long the gas has been in the tank.

Except The Fuel Data Center is "off". No lights, no display... nothing. All the fuses under the dashboard are good. I ran out of time and had to drive home, that's all I've checked so far

I have read several forums, and most advice points to the BCM.... but usually there is "something" else out as well, like the climate control that points to the BCM. In my car, Everything... every switch... every dial... every light.... every function.... works perfectly, including the A/C and climate control panel;...... EXCEPT the Fuel data center panel.... and it's not "malfunctioning".... it's literally "OFF".

I "could" just be disconnected.... I'm not sure why it would be though.... but I suppose it's a possibility. Otherwise, can any experts here point me in the right direction on the next places to look?

Thank you in advance!!!