Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

93 deville help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Default 93 deville help

so i went outside yesterday to start my car and it wont turn all the way over i thought it was the battery so i tried jumping it no luck, so i took it to autozone and they said it was only holding 40% charge so they charged it no luck.. (i bought this battery a few days ago, somethings draining the battery any 1 know wut it could be maybe the alternator??? any input would help

Old 06-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by eight_05_south
so i went outside yesterday to start my car and it wont turn all the way over i thought it was the battery so i tried jumping it no luck, so i took it to autozone and they said it was only holding 40% charge so they charged it no luck.. (i bought this battery a few days ago, somethings draining the battery any 1 know wut it could be maybe the alternator??? any input would help
really confusing .. what happen then ?

Old 06-30-2009, 06:04 PM

alternators good and batterys been charged now i got to crawl under the car and take the starter off and get that tested....the car sounds like it wants to start the belts spins and everything jus cant get the damn thing to fully turn over...

Old 06-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

alternators good and batterys been charged now i got to crawl under the car and take the starter off and get that tested....the car sounds like it wants to start the belts spins and everything jus cant get the damn thing to fully turn over...

huhh ? ? ?

if the belt spins, the starter is also spinning ...

Old 07-01-2009, 10:51 AM

could it be the batters not powerful enuff? i jus got a inexpensive battery to get the car home from the guys house that i bought it from.soon as we put the battery in it fireed up no problem... could it be the factory alarm? how do u disarm the alarm theres no remote...

Old 07-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

could it be the batters not powerful enuff? i jus got a inexpensive battery to get the car home from the guys house that i bought it from.soon as we put the battery in it fireed up no problem... could it be the factory alarm? how do u disarm the alarm theres no remote...

if it started with a different battery, then your battery is bad and there is nothing wrong with the car.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:10 AM

but the new battery i bought died after a few days and i keep taking it back to autozone and getting it recharged, somethings draining it. i dont know if ne 1 elses compressor kicks on out of nowhere but mine does

Old 07-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Certified Members

you need to give is the whole story.
please read:
https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/...ead.php?t=3156