Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac CTS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/)
-   -   Service brake assist (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/service-brake-assist-7356/)

ccogliandro 11-01-2008 12:28 PM

Service brake assist

Every so often, randomly, a message will pop up that says, "Service Brake Assist"also the traction control and ABS light come on. Has anyone experienced this problem, know what's wrongand know how to handle it? It would greatly be appreciated.

G.A.R.Y. 11-01-2008 02:00 PM

RE: Service brake assist

ORIGINAL: ccogliandro

Every so often, randomly, a message will pop up that says, "Service Brake Assist"also the traction control and ABS light come on. Has anyone experienced this problem, know what's wrongand know how to handle it? It would greatly be appreciated.
Looks like you have been having this problem for a few months now. By random = when starting or other times too? Also post any codes.

Spykem4e 11-24-2008 07:02 AM

ORIGINAL: ccogliandro

I had the same problem on my 05 cts and it was the abs sensor in one of thw wheel bearings that was dirty. (shoudn't be dirty at all so they put a new wheel bearing)

MuGeN 11-24-2008 07:31 PM

Could be the steering position sensor. I change some at my dealership! Tell us codes you got!

bbowhall1 10-19-2009 04:44 PM

I have the same problem with my 2004 CTS. I am also trying to find info on this. I have brought it back to the dealer and they say there is nothing wrong with it. The other day I was pulling into a left hand parking spot and the light came on.....my vehicle would not stop and seemed to accelerate.

Elomyday73 10-26-2009 03:39 AM

Service brake assist

Ireceived a letter from GM saying there is a Tecncal Service Bulletin 07-05-25-0078 on the08 GXP brake issue. It says this will reduce the pedal effort experienced in the first 60 seconds of driving. It is coverd under the warranty.Has anyone else received this letter and had the work done?

cts204 10-04-2010 08:44 PM

Service Brake Assist

I also have a 2004 CTS. About 1 year ago with about 80k miles I was having problems with the braking system where when pulling into a parking space the brake pedal would push up and prevent me from stopping the vehicle. This problem would also be associated with the Service Brake Assist light coming on. Sometimes just after starting the car the anti-lock brake warning light would come on and the Service Brake Assist message would display and would not go away until car was re-started. The dealer finally tracked it down to and replaced the Electronic Brake Control Module. The problem went away for the past year. Now the problem has come back. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible that the EBCM has gone bad again or did changing it out just cover up the root cause for a year. Help, the dealer has really struggled with this problem.

pjlgator 10-30-2010 09:31 AM

CTS Brake Problems

Yeah, the "CTS Brakes rumble & fail at low speeds" problem seems to be fairly common. There is a lively discussion on the subject on the Edmunds boards (http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0f480a). I'll summarize the issue: Caddy dealers keep misdiagnosing the issue as a faulty EBCM or wheel speed sensor. Its not, its a faulty wiring harness. I'm in the middle of getting this diagnosed for my '06 CTS. I'm on my fourth trip to the dealer today - its been a bit of a fiasco. Just two days ago, I nearly coasted into the busy street outside my house uncontrolled. Not good.:mad:

cts204 10-31-2010 09:33 PM

CTS Brake Problem

Originally Posted by pjlgator (Post 39736)
Yeah, the "CTS Brakes rumble & fail at low speeds" problem seems to be fairly common. There is a lively discussion on the subject on the Edmunds boards (http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0f480a). I'll summarize the issue: Caddy dealers keep misdiagnosing the issue as a faulty EBCM or wheel speed sensor. Its not, its a faulty wiring harness. I'm in the middle of getting this diagnosed for my '06 CTS. I'm on my fourth trip to the dealer today - its been a bit of a fiasco. Just two days ago, I nearly coasted into the busy street outside my house uncontrolled. Not good.:mad:

Its good to hear that there might be an assignable cause to this brake problem that might explain why replacement of wheel speed sensor or EBCM is only a temporary fix. Keep us posted on your progress.

Cincityplayer 11-05-2010 10:34 AM

I'm subscribing to this because I'm having the same issue with my 07 cts. Guess I'll be going to the dealer this weekend.