Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac CTS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/)
-   -   The New CTS Sport Wagon (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/new-cts-sport-wagon-6935/)

Patrick 09-11-2008 10:16 AM

The New CTS Sport Wagon

Building off of the huge success of the redesigned CTS, Cadillac has released images of the 2010 CTS Sport Wagon. The station wagon has been relatively untouched by Cadillac, partially due to the success of the Escalade and SRX, but as fuel prices grow, the SUV based models continue to see a decline in sales. Cadillac has come up with an answer to those concerns that will surely only boost the already high approval rating of the CTS lineup.

The planning on this vehicle obviously went much further than just styling a station wagon to look like the CTS, but rather the goal was to make a wagon that could offer as much cargo space as possible without losing the look and feel of the CTS. The result is a brilliantly laid out interior, with rear seats that separately fold flush with the rear floor area, accompanied by quality leather and chrome trim throughout the car.

The exterior is very well designed, with the front end looking nearly identical to the sedan version, but the effort of keeping the station wagon model from losing the sporty feel was accomplished with a great deal of help from the body lines. The roofline extending over the cargo area angles down sharply, with a massive pillar area meeting with the rear quarter panels and the chrome along the windows follow those sharp lines. The familiar rear end of the CTS is evident, even though it now extends up to the roofline, but the V shape along the rear is preserved, and the bright silver polished exhaust tips finish the rear perfectly. Even the extra space added by the elongated roofline has been utilized, as the chrome trim doubles as an integrated rail system for roof-mounted load management – with the help of some dealership-offered accessories. Also, there are a variety of sunroof options, with a massive rear sunroof now possible with the long roofline.

The engine options will remain the same, although there are rumors of the CTS wagon possibly packing the 2.9L diesel engine found in European GM models, but again, that is just a rumor as of now.

While we have a bit of a wait before the new CTS Sport Wagon hits the streets, the European luxury wagon competition had better take notice of the new entry for Cadillac, as riding on the success of the sedan version, the new CTS Sport Wagon will surely prove to be a popular addition to the Cadillac lineup.

mkaresh 10-23-2009 10:22 AM

I like the styling. Just wish it were lighter and available, as the sedan is, with a manual transmission.

carnuted 10-23-2009 02:55 PM

Just drove a new CTS wagon

GM had a test drive event here (Orlando) last weekend where they had new SRX's and a BMW M5, and the equivalent lexus and mercedes models as well. Those who were interested, and of course I was, got to drive all 4 vehicles. As a bonus, they had 1 new CTS wagon as well. I would like to know if this wagon is the same and the Holden wagon they are selling in Australia, because that is a good looking car, but this wagon was nice too. It felt really sporty to me, but was a little cramped for my right leg the way the console spread out into the dash, but I am an above-average sized guy. Likes: looked good, dash had rally gauges (not idiot lights), decent power for the V6, and the back seat/hatch area had an amazing amount or room. Dislikes: steering wheel felt off center a little bit, which, as I know form owning a previous car with offset, will really cause back pain on a long trip, and not having any plans as of yet for a V series model.

I would have to drive it some more to be sure about the wheel, but if I were to buy one of these, Cadillac will have to make a V-series AWD version with a 6-speed for me. We'll see if GM is listening or not.

If the V-series will not be made available on the wagon, I MAY still consider one IF they will make available to us lowly Americans the same engines the Europeans get, namely the aforementioned turbo-diesel, just so I can be different. If I can't blow their doors off, I at least want to make them wonder what I've got under the hood.

One other thing I think Cadillac NEEDS to consider if they hope to increase their market share at all, is to diversify their interior options. I will avoid a car with leather interior if I can at all help it. Up north, leather is too cold in the winter and dries out. Here in Orlando, it is way too hot, can burn you if wearing shorts, make your butt sweat if you aren't, and gets baked in the sun. My Grandma has owned a bunch a Cadys, with a park avenue ultra thrown in for good measure, and it was the interior on her (I think) 1984 Fleetwood(?) that I remember the best. It was a sueded type fabric with built in pillow-top type seats. It felt great, looked great, and was sooooooooo comfortable. If Cady hopes to appeal to younger buyers and have success with an entry-level model like they have been planning, bringing back the option of cloth interiors is, in my opinion as a consumer and car guy, a necessity.

carnuted 10-23-2009 02:56 PM

????????????? I have no idea why all that blue script is in my post, but sorry about it.

carnuted 10-28-2009 12:56 PM

it just keeps getting better. Now Hennessey is offering a package to take the CTS-V to 800!!!!! Horsepower. They're calling it a 4-door ZO6, but I thought the ZO6 "only" had about 500-something HP. I would like this added to my wagon please. I can't find any info on cost, but I think other Hennessey packages are about 25 grand. This car is getting expensive....

rcadblue4 01-25-2010 02:35 PM

Watch Motor week on PBS this weekend for the road test of the new wagon.

MarkeBoye 12-20-2012 02:01 AM

I have no idea why all that blue script is in my post, but sorry about it.

caddy7 01-05-2019 10:15 PM

cts wagon

My neighbor told me about a red 2012 cts wagon with beige interior, but it has 100k miles on the odometer. it's nice looking and a cheapie. let me know if you are interested and live in southern CA.

caddy7 01-05-2019 10:16 PM

My neighbor told me about a red 2012 cts wagon with beige interior, but it has 100k miles on the odometer. it's nice looking and a cheapie. let me know if you are interested and live in southern CA.