Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac CTS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/)
-   -   Navigation Sys update (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/navigation-sys-update-11849/)

Karin D 02-26-2011 11:48 AM

Navigation Sys update

How do you update the Navigation system in a 2008 Cts, is it a DVD the dealer sticks in it to update or do they download a later version from Gm?

Underdog 02-26-2011 03:03 PM

You can buy an update disc from helminc.com and do it yourself. I don't know what the dealer charges. They are not cheap. I see a lot of posts from people looking for used ones, but I'm not sure I'd completely trust them.

Karin D 03-09-2011 05:25 PM

Navigation System Update

Does anyone know if you order the updated disc from Helm if it can be loaded on more than one car?

Rediger 07-31-2013 02:33 PM

I attempted to install the Navigation update on my 08 CTS. It updated the radio but on the map update it stopped at 21%. It gave me the message Update Failed. Press Retry or Cancel. See your dealer. Disk did not eject. The dealer says that since it did not complete, I must install a new radio
navigation unit. They did get the disk out.
Anyone else had this problem. What is the solution?

Cadillac Customer Service 08-01-2013 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Karin D (Post 40955)
How do you update the Navigation system in a 2008 Cts, is it a DVD the dealer sticks in it to update or do they download a later version from Gm?

Hello Karin D,

I see you have gotten a couple answers from the community in regards to you navigation disc. I am providing a link for you which will let you search for your vehicle and its navigation system. The correct part number you will need for the most up to date system is 13MY PN 22991499. Here is the site, General Motors Navigation Center - Home. Normally, the disc cannot be used for another vehicle, because some discs may need to stay in the system for it to properly work. If you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Customer Service 08-01-2013 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rediger (Post 47079)
I attempted to install the Navigation update on my 08 CTS. It updated the radio but on the map update it stopped at 21%. It gave me the message Update Failed. Press Retry or Cancel. See your dealer. Disk did not eject. The dealer says that since it did not complete, I must install a new radio
navigation unit. They did get the disk out.
Anyone else had this problem. What is the solution?

Hello Rediger,

I apologize for the trouble you had when installing the navigation disc on your CTS and that you have to install a new radio unit. What are your next steps you will be taking for resolving this? Are you going to install a new radio unit? If you would like to further discuss any current concerns or questions you may have, please reach out to me via private message. I am here to assist you.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care