Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

How do I wire aftermarket ampiler to factory radio? Where do I plug in Remote Power???

Old 02-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Default How do I wire aftermarket ampiler to factory radio? Where do I plug in Remote Power???

So someone told me to connect the amps remote on to the assecorry's.....which one? I dont want to blow somthing. any info is appreciated.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Default RE: How do I wire aftermarket ampiler to factory radio? Where do I plug in Remote Power???

Well there is a few issues to consider. First there is no RCA connection on the stock head units(cd player). The only way to use the stock head unit is to buy signal processor. Alot of these units (make sure you verify) connect using the speaker wires from the harness and give you the RCA's you'll need to run to the aftermarket amps. If you connect the remote to the car's accessory wire your amp will power on and off when the vehicle is, but unless you have a signal wire connected your amp won't have the music to play through the connected speakers. Also by using the signal processor you should gain a remote hook up for your amp there too. If there is another way to connect an aftermarket amp to a stock cd player I've yet to hear about it. Good luck. I'll be following in your stereo install footprints in a few days with my own CTS 03'.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Default RE: How do I wire aftermarket ampiler to factory radio? Where do I plug in Remote Power???

DUDE....i asked this question over a year ago!!!! haaaaaaaa!!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:25 PM

But you still subscribe to this post!!!!!!!!! LMAO Thank you would have been a more appropriate comment. You don't have to be rude, you asked for help remember......... LMAO still.....

Old 08-11-2013, 02:12 PM

I just ran a remote wire to the front fuse block in the engine to the ignition... problem solved. fairly easy to do... didn't have to take any paneling off.