Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac CTS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/)
-   -   Engie Code P0304 (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/engie-code-p0304-14540/)

doyle2864 02-04-2014 04:30 PM

Engie Code P0304

My '08 CTS has had lots of issues . Engine blew at 31,000 miles, then I had to have the timing chain replaced. The day I picked it up I thought I felt the car buck a little but I was on a road under construction. The next day I was on the Jersey parkway and while accelerating going uphill I felt it again. I called the dealer and was told since the engine light was off I had bad gas. I don't drive far or fast so I haven't really felt it again. Then I failed inspection because of the code ( still no engine light) was told it was probably another round of bad gas. Engine light came on today. This started back in Sept or Oct.
It's odd that this would start the moment I picked up the car from having the timing chain replaced. Any idea what this will cost me?? So unhappy with the car and dealer.

SimpsonTruckDriver 02-04-2014 05:33 PM

This site has the description, which looks like your Cylinder #4 is misfiring.

TS

Cadillac Customer Service 02-04-2014 10:47 PM

Hi doyle2864,

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your vehicle and the problems you have experienced! Please let us know if you would like our involvement. We would be happy to contact your dealership regarding a resolution.

Jessica (assisting Gregory and Laura)
Cadillac Customer Care

Originally Posted by doyle2864 (Post 47988)
My '08 CTS has had lots of issues . Engine blew at 31,000 miles, then I had to have the timing chain replaced. The day I picked it up I thought I felt the car buck a little but I was on a road under construction. The next day I was on the Jersey parkway and while accelerating going uphill I felt it again. I called the dealer and was told since the engine light was off I had bad gas. I don't drive far or fast so I haven't really felt it again. Then I failed inspection because of the code ( still no engine light) was told it was probably another round of bad gas. Engine light came on today. This started back in Sept or Oct.
It's odd that this would start the moment I picked up the car from having the timing chain replaced. Any idea what this will cost me?? So unhappy with the car and dealer.

doyle2864 02-06-2014 06:03 PM

Engine Code P0304

Jessica PLEASE HELP I had an oil change at a different dealer today and was told I should not have been charged for the timing chain, almost $1400.00 and the day I picked it up I felt the bucking was told over and over bad gas....well I was told today $800 for a coil pack because the #4 cylinder is misfiring

I need help asap

Cadillac Customer Service 02-07-2014 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by doyle2864 (Post 47995)
Jessica PLEASE HELP I had an oil change at a different dealer today and was told I should not have been charged for the timing chain, almost $1400.00 and the day I picked it up I felt the bucking was told over and over bad gas....well I was told today $800 for a coil pack because the #4 cylinder is misfiring

I need help asap

Hello doyle2864,

I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation. Please send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com so we can continue our interaction. In the email include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care