Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac CTS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/)
-   -   Changing Small light in Headlight setup (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/changing-small-light-headlight-setup-2441/)

LAR414 04-11-2007 10:51 AM

Changing Small light in Headlight setup

I need to change the small little light in the corner of the headlight assembly.

How in the heck to you get the headlight assembly off? I guess that's the way to get to it, correct?

Please don't tell me to go to a dealer! I'm not doing that. I want to change it myself.

hyperion 04-11-2007 03:33 PM

RE: Changing Small light in Headlight setup

If he will, stealth has the instructions for you, as you are "his kind of guy."
It does have a lot of beer consumed during the process and you will get pulled over for DUI and cited, raising your insurancepremiums for the next six years but the satisfaction of changing that bulb will be well worth it.
Just be extremely carefull of the "jackstands!"

Stealth 04-11-2007 09:57 PM

heeyyyyy ....

that was for the oil change ...

LAR414 04-12-2007 03:23 PM

I'll try not to drink too much when I tackle this one!

I get a lot of satisfaction from doing all my own work. I'd really feel like a dork if I have to take my car in to get a little light bulb replaced! I've got tons of tools, and plenty of skill, I just need to get some general directions on how to proceed.

Any help out there?

Thanks in advance.

pnut80 10-01-2007 09:28 AM

I need to change this bulb as well...what is the procedure for doing it. I agree w/ Lar414 when he says he is not taking it to the dealer to change a damn bulb!!!

Thanks for any assistance in this matter!

andrewotto 10-24-2007 08:04 PM

It is easy. turn your wheel all the way to one side or since you like to work take off the front wheels. The plastic cover has 3 plastic looking screws, take them out. Now you will see 2 more plastic screws lookalike, take those out too. Now you see the whole back side of your head light. The round caps just turn them and you got access to the bulbs. There you go.:D

NOW what I am looking for is clear corner side markers??????anyone????[sm=helpout.gif]

fastlaneCTS 11-05-2007 09:27 PM

I'm wondering the same here.. how much would it cost anyway to take to the dealer?.. to take the headlight assembly off, i would have to take the whole bumper off right?.. theres gotta be another way.. hopefully we're talking about the same light bulb.. that small triangle one right?...

fastlaneCTS 11-05-2007 09:30 PM

I'mma try what andrewotto said though.. should work.. the new rims are coming in hopefully tomorrow so..
[align=left] [/align]

andrewotto 11-13-2007 07:40 PM

I put instructions on how to do it. Check it out.

Let me know was up. I will post my pics of my car before and after,with rims,lights, panels in chrome