Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac CTS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/)
-   -   Can't figure out why NAV map dosen't move?? (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/cant-figure-out-why-nav-map-dosent-move-13055/)

John's_CTS_2006 04-15-2012 08:30 AM

Can't figure out why NAV map dosen't move??

Hi Cadillac Techperts:

CAR: 2006 CTS 2.8

PROBLEM: I bought a NAV radio off of Ebay and replaced my radio/CD player on my 2006 CTS.

The original radio DID NOT have NAVIGATION System.
The local dealer unlocked the Theft Code for $95.

I also bought the correct GPS antenna for this unit.

I hooked it all up and to my disappointment, the red NAV Arrow on the screen rotates when I turn the car, but the entire map DOES NOT scroll or move ahead when I am driving down the road.

The GPS seems to pick up the satilites and positioning when I display GPS position, but the screen does not move.

Parts & Details:

>> The GM NAV Radio is stock and is date stamped December 2004
Part #25750936, Hollander # 638-01605

>> The Antenna is: ACDelco 25726417 Antenna Assembly

>> The NAV Disc in it says "Cadillac DVD Rom - Canada / US - Version 6.0Q4 02, 2002 Navigation Technologies, 25766899

Everything else works on the unit: Radio, CD, it even plays DVD Movies!

This Drives Me NUTZ !!!!

Pictures:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-Cadillac-CTS-CD-DVD-NAV-MP3-radio-25750936-/00/s/ODQ2WDEwNjY=/$(KGrHqRHJCIE9EwuE0U3BPcIzRfDrQ~~60_12.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-Cadillac-CTS-CD-DVD-NAV-MP3-radio-25750936-/00/s/MTA0NVgxMDg4/$(KGrHqJHJEoE88d-ioFgBPcIzOqQ+g~~60_12.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-Cadillac-CTS-CD-DVD-NAV-MP3-radio-25750936-/00/s/NDUyWDkxMQ==/$(KGrHqFHJE!E88,mKty3BPcIzJHeCw~~60_12.JPG

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks Cadillac Forums!!!

globuslive 04-25-2012 07:08 PM

did you fix it??? I have the same issue. Any ideas??? May be we need to update our system??? Also I lost all my advanced features such delays on locking unlocking, horn on locking. Basically I see the folder in menu but it doesn't go through...

John's_CTS_2006 04-26-2012 06:34 AM

I did not fix it yet.

There are a bunch of posts that say we have to take the dashboard out and find the VSS Speed Sensor Wire, then feed this wire to Terminal 7 on the Brown Plug-in on the back of the NAV radio.

What do you think????

globuslive 04-27-2012 04:04 PM

Oh man, it's not bad news... Could you send me links when you read this??? I can do it soon. I think, if you're right, it's not necessary to remove dash, gauges should be enough, to find this wire. Instrument cluster gets this signal, which is generated by ABS module. it means it's not difficult to do, i just need more info about that. If it works for me, I'll share the easiest way to do it. Makes me angry all this stuff. )))) you can contact me at globuslive@gmail.com also. I tought it's firmware or something like that, or antenna, but after I read your post, and you have original one (i have aftermarket), it makes sence for me. ttyl

John's_CTS_2006 04-28-2012 05:27 AM

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS for YOU !!

This is by far the best description of how to locate and splice in the Speed Sensor Wire to make your NAV Map move with the car:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS:

CTS-CTS-V FAQ Page: Installation of a Nav system in a non nav Standard CTS

THanks - John

:p

globuslive 04-29-2012 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by John's_CTS_2006 (Post 44450)
This is by far the best description of how to locate and splice in the Speed Sensor Wire to make your NAV Map move with the car:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS:

CTS-CTS-V FAQ Page: Installation of a Nav system in a non nav Standard CTS

THanks - John

:p

Thanks John. Now I gonna order this VW harness kit. I saw this post before, but I didn't understand, that these modifies will fix that. Where it says exactly
about that? It's pretty easy to do for me. I gonna guide you after i done with that. Tell me, do you also have lack of advanced features? I can't set up anything now with this Navi unit, like light delays, all this personalization doesn't work. something wrong with communication to main ECU... could you check if it works on yours?

John's_CTS_2006 04-29-2012 06:41 AM

I thought my Personalization did not work either, but here is how to access it!

I could'nt get into the Personal Settings until I did these exact steps to unlock those features.

I got this out of the Factory Manual on our NAV Radio:

Entering the Personalization Menu
To enter the feature programming mode, do the
following:

1. Turn the ignition on without the engine running.
Make sure an automatic transmission is in
PARK (P) or a manual transmission has the parking
brake set.

2. If your vehicle has memory settings, press the
appropriate memory button, 1 or 2, located on
the driver’s door armrest. The DIC display will show
either Driver 1 or 2 depending on which button
was selected.

3. Press the power/volume knob to turn on the
navigation and audio systems.

4. Press the MAIN hard key to access the DIC
main menu.

5. Press the reconfigurable key next to Feat Prog to
access the Feature Programming menu.

6. Press the TUNE/SEL knob to turn on the
Personalization features. An X will appear in the
box to the left when Personalization is turned on.

This should let you get into Personalization Features.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My Cell Phone is 570-239-8374 if you want to call me personally.

Thanks - John

globuslive 05-02-2012 06:45 PM

Hey John! It works. Also very easy to do. You just need one wire about 2-3 feet long, and one pin from connector. Also make sure the brown wire on gauge harness, it's almost black wire, not brown with white strip. Tried to do, what you sent me. Doesn't work featured prog. When I turn on ignition without starting engine, it says "you can't program while driving". Looks like I need to wire a wire from parking brake, or something like this, to let device know, it's parked.... I don't know what's a trick, but it's my suggestion. if i turn key to ACC position, it doesn't react at all. nothing happens when i press the Feat Prog.

John's_CTS_2006 05-03-2012 07:24 AM

Hi Globuslive,

Thanks for making your NAV work!

1.What Pin Number is it on the Brown Connector?

2. Where does this wire connect to on the Dashboard?

*** Also, I am sorry to hear you can't get into Personalization Menus.

You can call me anytime to walk you thru each step.

I can go into my car and follow you step by step if that can help you.

Thanks - John 570-239-8374

globuslive 05-03-2012 11:26 PM

Brown connector's pin number is 7! If you take a look on the connection side, it's gonna be bottom left one. There is number 7, you can read. On the dash there is brown (dark brown) wire. NOT brown, with white strip. It's located on Instrument panel connector. Very easy to find. Just remove gauges and disconnect connector, wire cables, put everything together, but check first before you tight everything together. I also installed aftermarket antenna under front dashboard cover. Works just fine. I was thinking to buy original one, before touched with you.
I'll call you tomorrow. may be you can help to go through together to activate feat prog. Looks like I need some wire from parking brake to hook to Navi or somewhere.... :(