Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac CTS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/)
-   -   Back up light cover help!! (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/back-up-light-cover-help-6113/)

Suburbanrat 05-14-2008 01:27 PM

Back up light cover help!!

I need help finding a part. I didnt realize till afterwards but my back up light cover came off somehow, I think the touch free car wash did it. But now I need to buy a new one and Cadillac will only sell the whole assembly for $500. So if anyone has the plastic cover I'd like to buy it. I need it for a 2004 CTS. It's the large plastic piece that covers the backup lights and goes around the license plate. Any help would be great thanks in advance guys!

G.A.R.Y. 05-14-2008 01:34 PM

RE: Back up light cover help!!

Try here

Cadillac CTS Backup Light > Why Buy New Cadillac CTS Parts When Used Can Do?

Stealth 05-14-2008 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Suburbanrat

I need help finding a part. I didnt realize till afterwards but my back up light cover came off somehow, I think the touch free car wash did it. But now I need to buy a new one and Cadillac will only sell the whole assembly for $500. So if anyone has the plastic cover I'd like to buy it. I need it for a 2004 CTS. It's the large plastic piece that covers the backup lights and goes around the license plate. Any help would be great thanks in advance guys!
get over to the car wash was asap .. they usually save things like that for awhile.
that was one expensive car wash ...

other than that, ebay or salvage yards for a broken tail light with a good lens?

Suburbanrat 05-14-2008 02:26 PM

LUCKY ASS MOFO!! The car wash had it thank god! Saved me an assload of money! Thanks for the quick replies guys! Now to reattach it!

Stealth 05-14-2008 03:59 PM

LUCKY ASS MOFO!! The car wash had it thank god! Saved me an assload of money! Thanks for the quick replies guys! Now to reattach it!
Let see .. what is $500 worth ? a couple dinners and movie tickets .. hmmm .. kidding ...

Tell everyone about this fairly new and upcoming website called cadillacFORUM.com ?
We may not know much, but we really make things happen.

You're welcome and keep hitting our site.

G.A.R.Y. 05-14-2008 08:24 PM

That's what I like, someone who will come back and post the results of the situation. Something else I like is LUCKY ASS MOFO'S............................LOL

Good luck.

petty 08-14-2008 04:16 AM

Almost had the same situation, got err after I brought my car to into the car wash. Got scratched my car covers and I just don't like it. I was thinking today of going back. Wish me luck!

bjesselborn 02-28-2012 08:24 PM

I have a 2004 CTS and the backup light bezel fell off. I ordered an aftermarket backup light louvered bezel that fits perfectly except the louvered area is open to the elements. Does anyone have any suggestions where I could buy or use to cover the backup lights? I would really appreciate any help or direction! Thanks

bjesselborn 02-28-2012 08:39 PM

Help with backup light cover

Sorry I am new to this site and posted this same question who knows where! I have a 2004 CTS and the backup light bezel fell off my car. I bought an aftermarket louvered bezel and it fits perfectly. Except the lovered area is over the lights and it is exposed to the elements. Does anyone know what I could use or buy to cover just the backup lights? Thank you!

bigdaddy 02-12-2013 05:17 PM

Need help finding a repalcement part or something close for back up light bezel (that fell off)