Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac CTS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/)
-   -   2003 CTS rear finish panel (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-cts-11/2003-cts-rear-finish-panel-11494/)

voodoochikin04 11-30-2010 05:00 PM

2003 CTS rear finish panel

Okay, so the other day driving home on the highway, we had wind gusts about 45mph. My loose clear/smoke license plate bezel deal, blew off and away. I cannot find one at any local salvage yards and came up short on ebay.

Soooooo, im putting a shout out to you guys on the forum... im in need of the clear/smoke lens itself, or the entire finish panel for a 2003 cts + or - the 3rd brake light..

incase only the painted kind are avaliable, my car is the bronzish light tan color.

thanks!!!!

voodoochikin04 12-02-2010 07:32 PM

No one has one they would like to part with? ill take any color if all people have is the painted kind.. :D

Paypal is ready to fire off a payment!!!

itisian 01-02-2011 11:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh okay I understand.. I think what you're meaning is this:
1. The third light on the trunk.
2. The part where when the car is in reverse those two lights light up.
3. All of it..
Now in my '04 CTS, the rear part isn't body coloured.. It's shown in the picture of the white CTS.

voodoochikin04 01-03-2011 12:46 PM

either one will work.. the painted kind.. or the big lens kind.. mine is the big lens kind, and the lens came off.. so im looking for a replacement.

voodoochikin04 11-05-2011 11:38 AM

4 Attachment(s)
i came up with a solution to my problem with the missing rear plastic bezel...

if anyone is interested in these.. let me know.

Trevor Lorenzo 09-30-2012 10:49 PM

I need one

voodoochikin04 11-18-2012 09:47 AM

I have one left, its a Prototype hand cut unit. not perfectly straight but does fit and looks fine. firm on price @ $150 +shipping. located in 68701

mikeyc0120 11-19-2012 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by voodoochikin04 (Post 43475)

Ahh disregard that. You know I just read the description of that and its not a replacement, it covers the original bezel. grrrr, I need one too!

voodoo - are you working on anything for the light cutouts?? I like that idea...

voodoochikin04 11-20-2012 12:22 AM

my bezel doesnt cover the plastic one... it replaces the plastic ones place if yours has fallen off. Im still looking for a good lens for the reverse lights, but cant seem to find anything stylish. I had a good one picked out but they wouldnt fit big enough bulbs to be effective.

mikeyc0120 11-20-2012 07:36 AM

Nono, I had posted an ebay link to what I thought was a replacement piece, but it was just a cover.

As for yours i was thinking, you can find all kinds of stylish LED lights that are nice and flat. You could even rig up one of those flexible LED light tape that boarder the whole piece! So if I*get one of yours I would do something really cool like that. Check ebay for ideas...

voodoochikin04 11-20-2012 08:10 AM

oh gotcha... ive checked ebay and everywhere else for like a year now. I cant find anything I like that goes with the car. The issue with the flat leds is they are ugly when unlit, IMO... and being square or rectangle just wont cut it. I need a nice diffused lens with a nice shape, that also has a thin depth and easily mounted. Originally I considered using the front side marker lights. They have a thin sleek shape, and just using the clear or smoke lenses, but you cannot get a big enough bright enough bulb in them. as soon as i find a good lens, ill send the cut file to my cutter and have a stack made.

mikeyc0120 11-20-2012 08:15 AM

My funds are a little low as of now, but I'm def gonna get one of your pieces. However if you can leave my lights uncut (unless you find something really awesome) that would be great. I'll prob do the led thing. Thanks brother!

voodoochikin04 11-21-2012 08:11 AM

well the prototype piece i have right now, is uncut. no reverse lights, no mouting holes. Just a few places are not perfectly straight. Shoot me a price and id be willing to come down. It was alot of work to hand cut that thing. but it is just sitting here and I would prefer it on someones car making it look good!

x T Marsh x 12-08-2012 01:00 PM

You still have the rear plastic bezel for sale? I'm in definite need of one. Mine came off on the highway and since it's been off I can't find one or even get an inspection sticker. Lemme know if you can help me out or can direct me somewhere. Thanks

voodoochikin04 12-08-2012 09:26 PM

mine is made of aluminum.. it blocks the reverse lights, not sure if that would pass inspection. that lens being gone shouldnt affect your inspection....

x T Marsh x 12-09-2012 04:48 PM

They told me because it causes the reverse lights to be Too bright and there needing to be some kind of lense to cover them

MattShields21 06-12-2013 05:02 PM

2003 CTS rear finish panel

Hey guys Matt here, so a few days ago my clear panel on the back of my car was peeling off so I took it off because there was water in it, I dried it off and hit it back into place. Today after I got home from golf I noticed it was missing and I've re traced my steps with unfortunately bad luck. I have been looking around and they aren't easy to come by not are they cheap! I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find this panel for relatively in-expensive!!!!
Thanks, Matt

mikeyc0120 06-13-2013 07:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MattShields21 (Post 46862)
Hey guys Matt here, so a few days ago my clear panel on the back of my car was peeling off so I took it off because there was water in it, I dried it off and hit it back into place. Today after I got home from golf I noticed it was missing and I've re traced my steps with unfortunately bad luck. I have been looking around and they aren't easy to come by not are they cheap! I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find this panel for relatively in-expensive!!!!
Thanks, Matt

Matt, good luck finding a replacement as I never did. Unless you want to check junk yards for your model, I couldn't find any new ones online. Voodoochikin here has custom metal panels he's selling. I got one and it turned out damn good!

MattShields21 06-13-2013 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by mikeyc0120 (Post 46865)
Matt, good luck finding a replacement as I never did. Unless you want to check junk yards for your model, I couldn't find any new ones online. Voodoochikin here has custom metal panels he's selling. I got one and it turned out damn good!

The problem is I live in Illinois and it always rains here!!! I can't even drive my car half the week because if those bulbs get wet it will short out and then ill be really screwed. So voodoochikin do you have any more of the panels? How much are they!?

mikeyc0120 06-13-2013 04:22 PM

Thats not true really. My car was missing a panel for years and had the bulbs exposed. Nothing ever happened. The WORST that would happen is it would blow the fuse for reverse or tail or brake lights.

Idk what the prices are for his covers, he was having them professionally done and machine cut so if you can, pm him or see if he chimes in here.

MattShields21 06-13-2013 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 827 as you can see I only need the plastic part for the lights

voodoochikin04 06-14-2013 01:40 PM

I do not have any panels made right now. My panel is a replacement for the missing plastic lens that falls off. Since I was unable to find any new lights that looked good enough to replace the reverse lights, its up to the customer to either leave it like mikeys (no reverse lights) or add your own lenses. Panel cost is $200... will get some made if needed.

mikeyc0120 06-14-2013 07:04 PM

If you saw my pics, that was exactly the way mine looked. Those plastic light housings pull out for a tighter fit. I pulled mine out with the bulbs, covered them up and as soon as I get to searching for some short LED strips ill replace the reverse lights by just screwing them to the panel where the lights would sit.

MattShields21 06-14-2013 07:51 PM

Hey guys so I was looking at similar 2003 models and some of them don't have the BIG clear plastic piece instead they have either a chrome or just black piece and then two smaller lenses for the lights. Do you think this is possible to do? I feel like it will be less costly

voodoochikin04 06-17-2013 10:03 AM

If you mean other models of Cadillacs, none of them will fit. The factory replacement is the same units they used starting in 2004.. but they are easily $400+ usually 500$ on ebay and more at the dealer. My option seems to be the lowest cost unit to actually put in place unless you make something yourself. But to my knowledge there is nothing else you can purchase. Which I why I went about this project in the first place.

MattShields21 06-17-2013 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by voodoochikin04 (Post 46879)
If you mean other models of Cadillacs, none of them will fit. The factory replacement is the same units they used starting in 2004.. but they are easily $400+ usually 500$ on ebay and more at the dealer. My option seems to be the lowest cost unit to actually put in place unless you make something yourself. But to my knowledge there is nothing else you can purchase. Which I why I went about this project in the first place.

I want your part but I also want to have reverse lights available!

JMJohnson98 10-01-2014 01:48 AM

2003 CTS Rear Panel

I have the same problem that I see most people are having with the 03 CTS. My panel fell off and I need to replace it. I can't find one and need your help. If you know where I can find the part please let me know. Until then I will be driving around town Ghetto Fabulously

voodoochikin04 10-01-2014 03:58 PM

I sold my last one that I had made about 2 years ago.. This idea never took off because too many people were concerned about maintaing some form of reverse lamp and I dont blame them. My fix was an aluminum panel cut out and attached over where the stock smoked plastic bezel went.

JMJohnson98 10-03-2014 08:30 PM

Option for 2003 Rear Panel!!??!!

I need your opinion. I cannot find a replacement for the plastic rear panel on my 2003 CTS so I have come up with a possible solution. My plan is to purchase a vinyl panel, like what you would see over a kitchen light, from home depot. I will cut this to size and adhere it to my back lights with epoxy and then cover it with a louver bezel. What do you think?

JMJohnson98 10-03-2014 08:36 PM

Another Question

Can I use a louvered bezel without having the original plastic lens in place?

YFalcon 10-03-2018 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by voodoochikin04 (Post 43475)

I a, definitely interested in finding out the cost for this item. My 2004 CTS has a cracked rear bezel. Let m em ow please.

voodoochikin04 10-04-2018 08:19 AM

Wowsa it's been many years since I started this thread. Also check out kerbid.com for other Cadillac parts.

I don't even have a CTS to build from anymore. If you want to box up your bezel and ship it off, we can do one for you but you're looking at $200+.

Let me know..