Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

08 Cadillac CTS with clicking noise that keeps pace with speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 05:32 PM
Default Intermittent clicking in pace with speed

Originally Posted by Bloviator
No noise at ian intermittant noise that keeps pace with speed. At first I heard it after coming off a highway after a long drive and while slowing in the 10 to 15 MPH speed I would hear it all the way to stop. But it would come and go. I now hear it at speed but still intermittantly sometimes accelerating and sometimes stopping. I tried turning off traction control and switching to sport mode but no effect. Other than this noise I can't find a thing wrong with the car. To be honest I am hoping it will get worse so it will be easier to find. I was also hoping someone here might have had a similar experience to help narrow this down. My serivce writer wanted to change the oil and rotate the tires and hope it goes away.
Also have ‘08 CTS with exactly same symptom; interment clicking linear with Speed. Audible at low speed or when decelerating before braking, but can’t only hear it when rolling to a Stop without braking. Still don’t know cause. Have you investigated further so I can narrow diagnostic? Any help I’d greatly appreciated. Thanks, Orion1