Cue Screen cracked - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac ATS This new compact luxury sedan has been designed to take on the best of the luxury segment from around the world.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:01 PM

Default Cue Screen cracked

I have a 2013 Cadillac ATS. A couple of years after I first bought the car I started to see something on the screen that I thought was a crack. A year after that it spread like crazy overnight and I came out to what looked like a shattered screen. I had talked with the dealership and they ordered a new one and after it came in they replaced it under warranty. That was around 2 years ago, and starting a couple months ago the same thing happened again. Now it is covering almost half my screen. I had stopped into the dealership and when I talked to the man there he asked if I purchased an extended warranty, I said no I hadn't, but the car did have the same issue while it was under warranty and I thought it should be covered. I asked if there was anything he could do to help me and I was told that I should have purchased the extended warranty, without that he can't do anything.

I find this frustrating since it sounds like a common issue and something like this shouldn't happen more than once, and unless in an accident I would say never. I have had other cars with screens and never had an issue, and those had more miles and were older. I started reading online about other people with the problems and some said it only happens down south where it gets really hot, like Texas. I am in Wisconsin, and it happened to me right here.

Has anyone had luck talking with a dealer about this? Getting into such a nice car kind of gets ruined when you see a broken screen.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:41 PM

I am having the same problem! I purchased a 2014 Cadillac CTS at Carmax in September 2017. There are currently 41,000 miles on it. The car is kept in the garage except when in parking lot while shopping. Last week I came out of a doctor appt to find webbing in lower right hand of the screen. It has now spread to almost half of the screen. I purchased the extended warranty but it states that lenses, glasses, mirrors, etc. are not covered- I am assuming this includes the Cue screen? It ridiculous to have such a nice looking car that I’ve saved for and it looks so terrible with a shattered screen. Anybody had this covered under the warranty???? So frustrating!
Old 09-08-2018, 06:21 PM

They are only covered under GM's bumper to bumper warranty. The replacement is only covered for a year I believe, from when it was installed.

This is a problem, and the units installed in the last year or so are supposed to be improved. They seem to come in waves, when the weather changes, warm to cold, or cold to warm.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:01 PM

Ok, so next question then. It seems some people have replaced out the broken piece themselves with luck. Any suggestions on where to purchase the piece from? I believe I have seen it called the digitizer glass, or touchscreen? I have seen it for sale for $30 to $250 on sites. Is there a difference in what is being purchased?
Old 09-12-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_351 View Post
Ok, so next question then. It seems some people have replaced out the broken piece themselves with luck. Any suggestions on where to purchase the piece from? I believe I have seen it called the digitizer glass, or touchscreen? I have seen it for sale for $30 to $250 on sites. Is there a difference in what is being purchased?
I have no clue. I've never had one apart. I work at a dealership, and the only way we can fix them is replacing the entire center stack unit.