Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac Allante FAQ (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-allante-faq-65/)
-   -   allante window sticker (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-allante-faq-65/allante-window-sticker-2220/)

Stealth 04-16-2007 03:29 PM

RE: allante window sticker

Bill,

the $99 was NOT for the emission but for the CA Required LABEL.
you want to feel a bit of shock? do read this link below ..
w/o the label, CA wont even allow you to make a new car complaint,
even if the car is Federal complient to start with.
THAT LABEL is one valuable OPTION.

let the others know that there were two options for the Allanté,
they been arquing with me that there were NO options beyond the phone ...
the LABEL makes the 2nd option.

here is the complete CA-DMV regulation.
https://www.cadillacforum.com/fb.asp?m=6689

here is the $99 Emission option .. in brief.
we arent even talking about ownership,
you simple cant drive it - stiff fines are issued.

simply stated, buy used, with a minimum of 7,500 miles not put on
the car by the CA resident - but there are some exceptions.
that new '93 that went to sale last month with 3,000 miles would not qualify
unless the car has the LABEL. even if it is 13 yrs old, it is NEW per CA..

Originator Stealth

Check the
Underhood Label For Certification Information:
To find out whether a car or truck is California certified, check the emission control label under the hood in the engine compartment. If the vehicle is "California certified," this label will state that the vehicle con-forms to California regulations or that it is legal for sale in California. If a vehicle is "federally certified," the label will state that the vehicle conforms to U.S. EPA regulations, but no mention will be made of meeting California requirements.

California requirements.Denial Of Registration:
A California resident or business cannot operate a new out-of-state vehicle in California that is not "California certified." The Department of Motor Vehicles will not register it. It cannot be driven or sold here. If the vehicle is to be operated or resold, it must be removed from California.
Converting a "federally certified" vehicle to be "California certified" is not allowed.

Originator Wcoates

Wow, California emission was only $99.00 in '88, a real bargain!

wcoates 04-28-2007 12:02 PM

G.A.R.Y. asked about this in the hobby section but I think the reply belongs here- so here goes. This is from the post "yonder" when explaining what the intent was. Basically it is to get a FREE repo of a window sticker in the hands of every Allante owner that wants one. Stealth has had a copy of everyone (at least one of every MY) currently available. I'm sure his intent is to get it into the FAQ section. Now my intent was to have a file for every option available and that is where I need your help please pass on any pricing for any option list on any original window sticker. Have had many inquiries and have sent to many folks who bailed out from "yonder". (lots of interesting folks and stories of "yonder".) bottom line --all options covered with correct info and pricing-free to whomever wants it. I'm sure Stealth with get it posted as soon as humanly possibe. In the meantime e-mail me with requests and options and pricing when found. Thanks

Is it authenic -naw, is it acceptable for sticking on the windshield at a shine and drive cruise-I think so. Anyone want to sent me other years option pring , I'll be glad to generate a file and get it to Stealth for posting for each model year and e-mail it to whomever wants it.

Send a copy to :
coat1971@aol.com or

456 Greenmont Drive
Canfield, Ohio 44406

I'll get my magic fingers (read fat and clumsy) going with any I get.

Stealth 04-28-2007 12:12 PM

the set i received is short the 1990 and 1992 models.
the items are avail and are impressive to say the least.
Bill (wcoates) is certainly owed a huge THANKS.
not only did he lead the effort, but he created the format
out of thin air. WOWWW !

other than being sized for a standard printer, they look and feel like the
real McCoy. anyone that wants one, email either Bill or myself.

each sticker can have specific entriess to match you Allanté, such as
VIN, Dealer of Delivery, Options, color, etc

i have posted as an FAQ (click here: Allante FACTS ), the colors and codes
to help complete the stickers. one should be able to match the color with a code and
verify with the Service Parts Identification in the spare tire well.

i'm sure this is confusing, but its been a very long night and i gotta go back and
deal with a flood in my home ... and schedule a linching for my 1st born.

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

I'll let ya know. Did you check out the pics?

Btw what are the chances, for a small donation maybe, of getting the allante window stickers over here? I think they made it to the "s" site?

ORIGINAL: Stealth

stickers coming ...

[IMG]local://upfiles/2893/7038C4437BCB4DEAA290328EA7AC7028.jpg[/IMG]

Stealth 04-28-2007 01:11 PM

here is an example allante window sticker using a 1988 Allanté Stealth unit

https://www.cadillacforum.com/upfile...AF9469B0A9.jpg

[IMG]local://upfiles/2893/893BDE156C3C43A98A80ACAF9469B0A9.jpg[/IMG]

Stealth 04-28-2007 01:26 PM

Bill,

ok .. here is a dumb question ..

WHERE was the window sticker attached to the car when it was delivered to the show room?
considering the two tops or the single top units, i really gotta wonder.

i know you stated the "windshield" and that may the case. if on the windshield, where - exactly.

wcoates 04-28-2007 11:18 PM

Stealth, A hechuva good question! Since Jim, Zin, and I were mere children when an original window sticker last graced a new Allante, I'm sure we don't remember. ask G.A.R.Y.!

Sorry for the oversight, I'll get you a '90 and 92 pronto!

G.A.R.Y. 04-29-2007 12:31 AM

G.A.R.Y. says he bought his 93 in 94 and the dealer sticker was on the passenger window, don't know about the originals.

Stealth 05-22-2007 09:03 PM

Bill,

thanks for a awesome service to the Allante community

https://www.cadillacforum.com/upfile...A772EC404C.jpg

available are:
Cadillac Allante window stickers for 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1990 1/2, 1991, 1992, 1993

ORIGINAL: wcoates

Stealth, A hechuva good question! Since Jim, Zin, and I were mere children when an original window sticker last graced a new Allante, I'm sure we don't remember. ask G.A.R.Y.!

Sorry for the oversight, I'll get you a '90 and 92 pronto!

[IMG]local://upfiles/2893/70E6BA672DCB4BBCAC5B77A772EC404C.jpg[/IMG]

(i placed the info in a jpg file so the internet e-bots dont take your email
and steal it for SPAMing)

wcoates 06-28-2007 05:14 AM

Can anyone confirm that any of the following is correct?

1989 DRIVETRAIN OPTIONS * engine block heater, $45 CONVENIENCE/APPEARNACE OPTIONS * Anti-lock braking system, n/c * California emissions label, $100 * Cellular mobile telephone, $1975 * Cellular mobile telephone provision, $395 * Analog instrument cluster, no charge *
1990 CONVENIENCE/APPEARANCE OPTIONS anti-lock braking system, std. California emissions label, $100 cellular mobile telephone, $1195 cellular mobile telephone provision [incl. in cellular mobile telephone]. $395 rear window defoggerl std. digital instrument cluster, $250 analog instrument cluster, no charge
1991 CONVENIENCE/APPEARANCE OPTIONS digital instrument cluster (convertible only) $495 pearl white paint (convertible only) $700
1992 OPTIONS Digital Instrument Cluster (conv. only) $495 Pearl White Paint (conv. only) $700.
1993 OPTIONS · Digital Instrument Cluster (conv. only) $495 · Pearlcoat Flax/White Paint $700.

Stealth 06-28-2007 08:27 AM

Bill,

where did al that come from?

just from memory while jabba is brewing .... options ...
- emissions label, yes - but $99 not $100, all years
- pearl white - yes, any year
- digital cluster, yes, '88 and on, as i recall
- phone, yes '87 to '89 as i recall.
- engine block heater? u kidding? i say maybe a dealer
- hard top, yes, '90 and on

also have seen other dealer options such as gold trim,
chrome wheels on '87 to '92.

i always had thought that the cars delivered to CA had different "options" than the cars
delivered to Florida. maybe THAT is a place to start? check the dealer of delivery on
the original window stickers? the '88 i gave you IS an original, maybe a place to start.

i was also amazed that with the small production, the foreign issue cars had the different
tail lights and side markers - how could GM even justify sales overseas?.

when it comes to lighting, seems that the US is always playing catch-up to the neighboors
across the ponds. we can thank our D.O.T. ?

ORIGINAL: wcoates

Can anyone confirm that any of the following is correct?

1989 DRIVETRAIN OPTIONS * engine block heater, $45 CONVENIENCE/APPEARNACE OPTIONS * Anti-lock braking system, n/c * California emissions label, $100 * Cellular mobile telephone, $1975 * Cellular mobile telephone provision, $395 * Analog instrument cluster, no charge *
1990 CONVENIENCE/APPEARANCE OPTIONS anti-lock braking system, std. California emissions label, $100 cellular mobile telephone, $1195 cellular mobile telephone provision [incl. in cellular mobile telephone]. $395 rear window defoggerl std. digital instrument cluster, $250 analog instrument cluster, no charge
1991 CONVENIENCE/APPEARANCE OPTIONS digital instrument cluster (convertible only) $495 pearl white paint (convertible only) $700
1992 OPTIONS Digital Instrument Cluster (conv. only) $495 Pearl White Paint (conv. only) $700.
1993 OPTIONS · Digital Instrument Cluster (conv. only) $495 · Pearlcoat Flax/White Paint $700.