2006 SRX Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 06:27 PM
Exclamation 2006 SRX Problem

First of all I'm new to the site and came here to try and learn some things about this car. Three lights have came on. Traction Control, ABS and Brake.
And the Brake lights are on all the time the Switch is on. Including both left and right and top light. There is what they call a Bass Relay on drivers side under back seat that has to close for brake lights to work. I thought contacts might be stuck,, Pulled the relay and checked Contacts with meter and 12 volts to coil and it checked ok, With relay out the lights are off. Then a mechanic told me the brake position sensor was bad,, Replaced it,, "a hard one to replace I might add" Same thing,, I done a BPP recalibrate and Lights go off. But when I turn ignition off and back on lights are back on.
Now The Gear Shift Solenoid will not energize to take it out of park with brake pressed. I'm beginning to think a bad Brake Module.
Any ideas are surely Appreciated.
Cubs

Old 05-04-2018, 08:02 AM

emergency brake "system" on my 1988 is very much as you described. I like to use the E brake at least once every time I drive it. there is a little "trip lever" to use if the "system" attached to the trans. shift lever is not working properly. if you don't use the e brake, the brake cable may rust up. vin

Old 05-05-2018, 07:42 AM

Thank you for your reply,, But I finally got this thing figured out,,
The EBCM was the main issue. One I replace it. Then I had to recalibrate the Brake Pedal Position Sensor. And then found the Shift solenoid on the gear shifter was open.
Of course I bought a Tech2 scanner to diagnose this stuff. Almost impossible to work on cars with out this tool.

cubs,

Old 05-05-2018, 09:10 AM

excuse my ignorance, what is an "ebcm"? vin

Old 05-06-2018, 08:15 AM

No ignorance Vinn,, I didn't know either until I got into this repair. Some call it the ABS "Automatic Braking System" But it is referred to as EBCM " Electronic Brake Control Module " You have to pull the passenger side Tire off and the fender weld cover to access this module on my SRX" This Module takes input from many different things, wheel Speed sensors, brake pedal position sensor, Emergency Brake, Shifter position, many other things. The first thing we have to do in repairs is to actually understand how the particular circuit works. It took me a while, but I figured it out and learned a lot along the way. The Tech2 is a learning experience as well. It is a very complicated tool but is capable of doing a tremendous amount when done properly. A very good investment. IMO "in my opinion" :-)
cubs