transmission fluid exchange

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 04:45 PM
Default transmission fluid exchange

I'M new to the site and would appreciate any suggestions I own a 2014 XTS with 40,000 miles. Owners manual says to change tranny fluid and filter at about 90,000.
I am not comfortable with that amount of milage before a tranny exchange. I use only fully synthetic and would look to do the exchange and change filter about this milage.
Any thoughts.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:11 PM

Cay anyone of you please suggest me how much will be Cadillac DeVille transmission fluid change cost? it will be highly appreciated from my end. Please help. ...

Old 11-02-2019, 01:57 PM

Your transmission doesn't have a serviceable filter. A fluid change is all you can do.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:18 PM
Default transmission fluid change

I posted yesterday about my 2003 cadillac deville problems and codes I've been receiving regarding the torque converter clutch solenoid. My car is running great after having head gasket work done. I know my transmission fluid is dark and I don't know when it was last changed. I read that if the transmission is working okay it might not be a problem to change the fluid if, of course, you use the right type. I'm a little nervous about changing my fluid even at that because I don't want any more problems with my car, which I can't afford.

Old 03-11-2020, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by ranchlady7
I posted yesterday about my 2003 cadillac deville problems and codes I've been receiving regarding the torque converter clutch solenoid. My car is running great after having head gasket work done. I know my transmission fluid is dark and I don't know when it was last changed. I read that if the transmission is working okay it might not be a problem to change the fluid if, of course, you use the right type. I'm a little nervous about changing my fluid even at that because I don't want any more problems with my car, which I can't afford.
You can change it if you like. Changing it will not cause problems as long as it is done correctly. Not changing it if it's dirty WILL damage the trans, fluid wears out in a trans. It really needs to be done with a transmission flushing machine to make sure all the old fluid has been removed. If you only drain and fill the transmission you only get about half of it plus it costs additional labor and parts to do it that way. Your car takes DEXRON III fluid only. I recommend taking it to a reputable shop that does transmission flushes and get it done. Do not let them talk you into any additives or filter changes as your car only has a screen so there is no need to remove the pan unless the gasket is leaking. I have been working on cars for a living for over 33 years trust me this is the right way to do it.

Old 03-14-2020, 02:44 PM
Default transmission fluid change

Thanks for the advice about the transmission fluid change. I am making an appointment with a local Chevrolet (GM) dealer for a transmission flush, with the Dexron III you suggested. They have a machine for the flush. I feel (and hope) this may be the cause for the ABS-brake-Traction Control lights on. My transmission is fine, no problems there. The Check Engine Light has been on for a long time; I ordered a gas cap a few months ago and a cap for one of the other fluids came, so I forgot about that until a few days ago when I went out and checked my gas cap; the gasket was worn and there was even a 1/4" piece missing from it. So I'm hoping the new gas cap (the right one) cures that problem.

Old 03-14-2020, 02:55 PM

We need to know the codes for the traction control and abs are important to know. I doubt the transflush will fix it but it will keep your trans running longer. Get it scanned at the auto parts store or buy a scan tool that will scan these systems.