Passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 03:39 AM
Default Passenger side

I have a leaking seal from the transmission 4T80E.
As i understand it is common on the driver side, but i havn't heard about anyone to have this leak on the passenger side.

I ordered new seals for both sides and started with the driver side and it went out all good.

But when i was going to do the same on the passenger side i found a little play (up/down not in/out) on the outgoing axle from the transmission.
I uploaded a clip here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNSE...ature=youtu.be

Is this normal or not, because i don't have this play on the other side.
At the time of the youtubeclip, the complete cv-joint from both sides are disconnected and put away from the car

Thanks for any advice

Old 01-01-2018, 11:26 AM

Although you post is somewhat dated, and I'm not familiar with your car/unit but with no responses shown here I thought I'd throw this out to you. Since the right side in a FWD vehicle is normally the primary traction/drive wheel, that "play" MAY be a design feature. Further, once the right side CV axle is attached to the final drive one would think there would be little or no movement of the kind you describe .... that all depends on the design of your CV axle assembly.

Although a Factory Manual might help with diagnosing this concern, I recommend you search eBay or elsewhere for a transmission diagnosis and repair manual for your unit. You could ask around at transmission shops but you might not get an unbiased answers. I post my questions and concerns on the Cadillac Owners forum .... most questions get responses there.

Last edited by Drbrown; 01-01-2018 at 11:30 AM.