Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Automatic Transmissions (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/automatic-transmissions-57/)
-   -   93 ALLANTE 4T80E - STAYS IN GEAR FOR ONE MINUTE (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/automatic-transmissions-57/93-allante-4t80e-stays-gear-one-minute-7455/)

paulrosin 11-12-2008 03:12 PM

93 ALLANTE 4T80E - STAYS IN GEAR FOR ONE MINUTE

After sitting for two months my transmission developed aproblemit's never had.I have replaced the valve body on the transmission- cleaned the vehicle speed sensor and the car still will only stay in drive for two minutes after starting the car. I can turn the car off for one minute and again it will stay in drive for two minutes and then slip out. It sat for two months and had a dead battery but had no transmission issues prior to it sitting. There is an L110 code in the history but I have no idea what it is. Could the PCM develop a problem while sitting with a dead battery? After all the reading I have done it seems unlikely the 4T80E tranny took a total dump. There is a pressure control solenoid that might be the culprit but there are literally no codes associated with tranny issues- it did throw a P024 - I suspect that was due to it being in drive and revving the engine and it going nowhere. I am open to any and all
suggestions......

Stealth 11-12-2008 04:17 PM

RE: 93 ALLANTE 4T80E - STAYS IN GEAR FOR ONE MINUTE

ORIGINAL: paulrosin

After sitting for two months my transmission developed aproblemit's never had.I have replaced the valve body on the transmission- cleaned the vehicle speed sensor and the car still will only stay in drive for two minutes after starting the car. I can turn the car off for one minute and again it will stay in drive for two minutes and then slip out. It sat for two months and had a dead battery but had no transmission issues prior to it sitting. There is an L110 code in the history but I have no idea what it is. Could the PCM develop a problem while sitting with a dead battery? After all the reading I have done it seems unlikely the 4T80E tranny took a total dump. There is a pressure control solenoid that might be the culprit but there are literally no codes associated with tranny issues- it did throw a P024 - I suspect that was due to it being in drive and revving the engine and it going nowhere. I am open to any and all
suggestions......
add a bottle of LUCAS fluid, drive as much as you can, idle the car in gear, do NOT REV engine .. do that as much as you can, report back.

paulrosin 11-13-2008 03:01 PM

Will do - I did add some Lucas Oil three nights ago - it seems that since adding it I no longer even get the 1 minute in drive....... it certainly isn't leaving the driveway but I can sit in while its in gear........

paulrosin 11-13-2008 08:08 PM

30 minutes in drive with foot on brake - will still roll backwards while in drive - have noticed once it is good and warmed up it will only stay in drive for 30 seconds - is will stay in drive longer when it is completely cold. You can feel it gently slip out of drive though. Is another can of Lucas in order?

paulrosin 11-14-2008 06:13 PM

After last nights 30 minutes tonight it will not even hold on to drive at all...... I also noticed that while in PARK when I checked the transmission fluid it seem like it was just sitting in there - the fluid was as flat as glass - I sort of thought it should be churning a bit..... Any more ideas ANYONE????? I am about desperate.....