Suspension sponsored by Arnott Inc. Discuss anything suspension related within.

rear end sits to low

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Default rear end sits to low

hey guys it the 94 fleetwood. My rear end sits way to low and has been since i bought the car. Where ever i go i bottom out so badly that my teeth grind. I raised the rear end today to look at the shock absorbers and they have the air line going into each, but here is where i dont understand, i cant find the compressor and theres one line going from one shock to other but thats it. no other lines going to a compressor. I bought car totaled so maybe one of the lines got disconected. i dont know but any help to get this caddy's a** off the ground would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Certified Members

Air line runs down left side of car. Do you hear compressor come on?

Old 02-11-2009, 01:40 PM

i dont hear the compressor. I pulled up a wire diagram and it says that my compressor is on the left side under the wheel housing. The body shop had to cut that inner wheel fender housing to fit the front end on the car (becuase it came off a different fleetwood). so i looked in that location and all i see is the ABS unit underneath the air filter. Im thinking the body shop just cut off my compressor. The diagram shows theres a soliend that controlls the compressor and that soliend is somewhere underneath the trunk on the bottom of the car.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:15 PM

Alright well its been a while but i found the compressor, i followed the black line from the compressor to the back. The end of the line is disconnected laying right next to the shock absorber. So im pretty sure its diconnected. But i cant figure out where the black end of the air hose goes into. There the other white hose going into the shock but that seems to be the only inlet into the skock. If someone knows where im supposed to plug in the black hose i might be able to get off the ground.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Certified Members

It's a terrible thing when your @ss is dragging....Normally factory shock on left (drivers' side) rear will 2 fittings on it for air lines. 1 going to compressor the other to right 0r passenger side rear.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:20 PM

alright well i figured it out. The automatic air suspension has been changed to a manual air ride system. Thats why there was only one line going from one shock to the other and it went to a valve under the back bumper. So i put some air in it and jacked up the rear end probley about 4 inches. I think it looks pretty cool and what do you know, im not bottiming out anymore. But thanks for all the inputs on the subject. Ive been driving around to low for about 2 years its funny that thats all it was.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:44 AM

Take a look at Strutmasters conversion kits. It converts you from air to powder coated, American made steel, coil springs that are guaranteed to last the life of the car. You wont have to worry about suspension problems ever again. I posted the link below so you can take a look.

http://www.strutmasters.com/cadillac...parts-s/12.htm

Good Luck!!!