Suspension sponsored by Arnott Inc. Discuss anything suspension related within.

95 seville rear struts

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Default 95 seville rear struts

I just bought a 95 seville sts and noticed the driver side rear shock/strut is leaking oil. The ride is kinda bouncy but so far the service ride control hasnt shown yet. My question is how hard are these to change, I thought I seen an air line connected to them but I dont hear a compressor running when i start the car. Any speacial tools involved, coil spring compressors or anything?

On a different note the car has smelled hot to me a few times. The digital gage normally reads around 190-196 F while driving but at a traffic light it may go up to 223 F. Are these temps. normal? Both fans are working. The guy I bought it from said the water pump was recently changed. Yesterday I drained/flushed the radiator several times and noticed they put in that aluminum flake stop leak in it. I flushed it several times, put in new thermostat, coolant 50/50 and added the bars leaks tablets to the bottom radiator hose. I havent drove it much yet to see if that helped, just scared after reading horror stories of the head gaskets blowing on these cars.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Certified Members

well, hey welcome to the Forum.... we hope you didnt just buy one that hasnt been maintained. too bad about the concerns, hope you can get them worked out.

how many miles on your '95? do you know the past owner? do they have any history (service) on the car? how long have you owned the car, and how many miles (est ) have you driven it?

keep in touch with the Forum.... it will try and help with your concerns....
in any case, look around.... there is a lot posts with good info about your ride, and powertrain. check into introduction if you want, hang in, and check back
rickyd

Old 02-21-2009, 01:54 PM

Thanks rickyd. She has 157,000 miles on it. Ive only put 300 miles on it. The previous owner (an older gentleman) had the motor replaced at 47,000 I have the receipt on that as well as all the maintenance that has been done. The car has been very well taken care of by looking at the receipts. Everything from oil changes to rotating tires. She has a few dings on the passenger door, interior is very clean, engine runs great. I was really surprised how fast it is the first time I drove it. Bose/delco sterio sounds great. I really like the car, the only thing is the rims/tires are ugly. Has to be the ugliest rims cadillac put on these. The tires are new so I'll prolly deal with them for now. Rear struts are on top of the list now. Hopefully the front 1's are ok.

Just got back from the store and the highest the temp. got was 203 F while at a red light so looks like changing the coolant/flushing, thermostat, radiator cap helped it.