Suspension sponsored by Arnott Inc. Discuss anything suspension related within.

1993 eldorado 4.6L service ride control

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Unhappy 1993 eldorado 4.6L service ride control

i have just bought a 1993 eldorado with the northstar. wonderfully powerful car. i love it. a couple problem though. panel cluster display is saying the i need to service the ride control. the only thing wrong that i could find was a missing sensor in the front passenger suspension. the electonic suspension level sensor was missing. i have replaced the sensor yesterday and was hoping that they display would go away, but it didnt.

as of now the display says that i need to service ride control and that traction is disabled. it started saying that the traction is disabled last week i stopped quickly at a light. changed to driving style slightly. So i put it together that because i stopped quickly and the rear end went into the air when stopping and the front sensor is missing the car couldnt level like it should and turnin off the traction control was an automatic thing.

now i have this new sensor installed and the display is still saying i need to service ride control and traction is still disabled.

i do not know what to do next. car runs great, a little off because of the internal computer, but i believe that is from it trying to make up for what could be wrong. someone had told me all i have to do is reset the computer. how do i do that? or what should i do next?

Old 03-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Certified Members

You need to check and post codes, see FAQ section for how to access.