Paint and Body Tech Looking for some information on body work or a new paint job? Talk about it here!

Do Not Like Any of Factory Paintings: Where to Go to?

Old 11-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Default Do Not Like Any of Factory Paintings: Where to Go to?

Let’s suppose:
* I’m going to buy a “Caddy”,
* do not like any of the offered factory paintings,
* I want to realize my dream painting in a really good paint shop,
* I prefer not to lose car’s warranty:
Where should I go to?

- Logically cannot be any “backyard paint shop”, because a Cadillac is a car of high quality and so must be the paint job.
- Preferentially should be a paint shop attached to a “GM’s Authorized Mechanical Workshop”, in order to preserve GM’s warranty. There will be not so much of such paint shops.
- As Cadillac itself is an expensive car, so it does not matter, if I would have to make any travel within the USA, in order to find the best.

Friends, where do you recommend me, within the USA, to go to?

Yours truly: European Caddy Fan

Old 11-24-2012, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by european caddyfan
Let’s suppose:
* I’m going to buy a “Caddy”,
* do not like any of the offered factory paintings,
* I want to realize my dream painting in a really good paint shop,
* I prefer not to lose car’s warranty:
Where should I go to?

- Logically cannot be any “backyard paint shop”, because a Cadillac is a car of high quality and so must be the paint job.
- Preferentially should be a paint shop attached to a “GM’s Authorized Mechanical Workshop”, in order to preserve GM’s warranty. There will be not so much of such paint shops.
- As Cadillac itself is an expensive car, so it does not matter, if I would have to make any travel within the USA, in order to find the best.

Friends, where do you recommend me, within the USA, to go to?

Yours truly: European Caddy Fan

Shops specializing on Classics, Corvette, Ferrari will do a fine job but are you prepared to dish out $10,000 to $25,000 for a complete strip, dismantle and spray paint job?

There is even an outfit that will "Silver Plate" the car - some prince from Dubai had several of his cars silver plated. And I mean real silver, not silver paint.

or would you prefer gold and diamonds?

this Bentley was spotted in London ...

gold and diamonds

gold and platinum

Last edited by Stealth; 11-24-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Default have seen even 18 k gold!

Originally Posted by Stealth
Shops specializing on Classics, Corvette, Ferrari will do a fine job but are you prepared to dish out $10,000 to $25,000 for a complete strip, dismantle and spray paint job?

There is even an outfit that will "Silver Plate" the car - some prince from Dubai had several of his cars silver plated. And I mean real silver, not silver paint.

or would you prefer gold and diamonds?

this Bentley was spotted in London ...

First of all: thank you very much!
Now you are the best witness, why I am so angry and that I am right being so, because the few and ugly Cadillac factory paintings, GM offers actually!
Thank you again!

Here in Brazil in tv they have shown even cars in 18 k true gold (-plated) not painting and the ownoer was not an Arabian. But goes to far.

My favorite color is simply a vivid Emerald Green Metallic, former Cadillacs had, but today is not offered any more. I do not want nothing exotic. Just my liking and the GM ignores people, who think like me.
I even thought in leave Cadillac and to change to Lincoln. They do not have green metallic either, but ther two red metallics do not look like fire department (like Cadillac's "red tint coat") and their blue metallic is also prettier.

Yours truly: Toivo

Last edited by european caddyfan; 11-27-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: errors
Old 11-27-2012, 01:18 AM

Now you are the best witness, why I am so angry and that I am right being so, because the few and ugly Cadillac factory paintings, GM offers actually!
Thank you again!

Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 AM

Now this is impressive.... I think I have to rob a bank for this .. Lolxx. Just kidding. I have see this diamonds car before this.. So do you have any idea for the price of this Gold Bentley? Thanks

Old 12-24-2012, 06:16 AM
Wink There is a practic solution...

Originally Posted by ConradMccar
Thank you again!
Dear Friend:

Thanks for your confirmation!

Since time I had the following idea:

Have you ever heard of luxury hunting firearms?
You can acquire them from factory also in their crude state "white but ready", which means without gun-blue finishing.
You carry it to your favorite armer. He engraves it, makes gold inlets, gives a finishing in chrome, silver plating, luxury gun-blue (more beautiful than the normal one) or colorful heat treating, just whatever you want !

Why not to apply this idea onto automobilistic industry?
If the Ford and the GM as well, in their luxury vehicles (Lincoln andCadillac) and in their supersports like Cobra (Ford) or Camaro and Corvette (GM) would offer to their customers, interested in an individual finishing, the option to acquire their cars only with their prime coating, but without the finishing paint job
* the trouble of removal of an original painting could be economized
* and the risk of damaging any part of a new car during removal of paintings could be avoided.

The buyer of such a car "only with priming but ready" could carry it to his favorite paint shop, where he might do whatever he wants, with it. Less trouble, less risk and probably cheaper than at the traditional way of colour change.

Our problem now: how to convince Ford and GM to accept this idea, new in luxury car industry?

Yours truly: Toivo

Old 10-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Banned

Nice suggestion about the paint shop,these are the best painting shops of the USA.Their work is very awesome as you checked the Gold or platinum body of the above mention car.They done work in cleanliness.I like it.