Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

torque converter problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Angry torque converter problems

I was searching the net yesterday when I found this forum. What's the scoop on the problems with the torque converters. I bought a 2009 Crystal Red CTS in March and absolutely love the car.( 1st cadillac for me). In late August it developed a slight jerkiness to it when pulling up a hill at 40-50 mph. Service tech told me it was the TC and that it would need to be replaced, they would need the car for about a week so he stated he would call me when he had a bay available.( was told it would not hurt the car to drive it, right!!!). 2 weeks later I had to contact them to get the appt. This is where it really gets interesting. They replaced TC and then did all the engine checks, problem with the cooling system, apparently the TC came apart and metal shavings lodged in the radiator and would not allow it to flush. NEW RADIATOR. 10 days later I finally got my car back and it worked fine. Until about two weks ago. Same problem. Just dropped the Caddy off this morning at the dealership. Is anyone else out there experiencing this type of problem?