Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Carfax Cheat

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Angry Carfax Cheat

Hey guys, I'm new here! I am looking to buy a cadillac myself
But meanwhile i wanted to share the story that happened to me recently. I hope it'll be of use to you.
I bought a vehicle that had front end damage from a collision, which wasn't disclosed by the seller. And he’d shown me a CARFAX report, which also didn't show any accident records — the car was absolutely clean according to it. However, I ran a report on another website, epicvin.com, and it showed that the car was in an accident and then repaired. I don't know why this information wasn't disclosed by CARFAX, but now I'm aware that CARFAX isn’t a service that can be trusted, and I won't use it again.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:19 PM

Carfax, Auto Check and all similar others are in competition with each other. They do not communicate with one and other.
Happens frequently what happened to you. I see it weekly in cars we sell and buy at the dealer auctions.
It's just a fact of life.
Carfax for instance only reports when there is a police report filed, other rely on insurance reports only and so on....

People who crash their cars and pay out of their own pocket and have no involvement from police or insurance can usually retain a clean CARFAX history on their vehicle.
Key word here is USUALLY.

Last edited by 2many projects; 06-05-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2many projects
Carfax, Auto Check and all similar others are in competition with each other. They do not communicate with one and other.
Happens frequently what happened to you. I see it weekly in cars we sell and buy at the dealer auctions.
Carfax for instance only reports when there is a police report filed, other rely on insurance reports only and so on....

People who crash their cars and pay out of their own pocket and have no involvement from police or insurance can usually retain a clean CARFAX history on their vehicle.
Yeah! That's correct, I absolutely agree with you!

Old 11-03-2021, 10:37 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by 2many projects

Time passed and I am happy that I have found another great vehicle service - Epicvin
Did you try that?
They have really good reports, I love it