Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section
View Poll Results: A poll
Allante
4.29%
DeVille - all models
21.43%
CTS
9.14%
El Dorado - all models
11.14%
Escalade
6.00%
Fleetwood
7.43%
Seville
6.29%
SRX
1.43%
XLR
1.43%
Classics pre-1960 - all models
5.71%
STS
11.14%
CTS-V
8.57%
STS-V
6.00%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

The BEST car Cadillac ever made is the ..

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: The BEST car Cadillac ever made is the ..

ORIGINAL: jerrymac

Eldorados for me. Had a 1990 Barritz and now have a 1997. Great running, riding and handling, plus sporty looks for a luxury car. Too bad they quit making them. Guess my next car won't be a Cadillac, sorry to say, unless maybe I can get a real nice slightly newer Eldo, but I will have to hurry since "newer" ones are gettin old now, lol..
Before you decide, go sit in a '08 or '09 STS-V and come back and report.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:25 AM

I've had two ElDorados - a '72 and a '76, both convertibles. Great looking cars, but somehow they never rode right. I always thought they launched the fwd thing a little prematurely. My '79 Phaeton is everything a Cadillac should be - my vote's going for the DeVille, as the newer ones are still great in their own way.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:41 PM

I loved my old 92 Deville. That thing was a sofa on wheels and it had some ***** behind it! I miss that car, wish I still had it.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:27 PM

Well you know what they say about opinions but my 1984 Eldo Baritz Conv has always been a Head Turner & People Stoper. Car has been stolden for me 2 times & got it back both times. First time gone for a yr & a half & got it back all pimped out in PURRRRRRfect condition. Second time it was gone for a yr & we were on the Fwy going to work & see 2 girls driving the car. WE were in disbelief that we recovered it again. Will try & find newspaper clippings & send it to you. Joanne

Old 05-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: joanne2008

Well you know what they say about opinions but my 1984 Eldo Baritz Conv has always been a Head Turner & People Stoper. Car has been stolden for me 2 times & got it back both times. First time gone for a yr & a half & got it back all pimped out in PURRRRRRfect condition. Second time it was gone for a yr & we were on the Fwy going to work & see 2 girls driving the car. WE were in disbelief that we recovered it again. Will try & find newspaper clippings & send it to you. Joanne
Joanne,

those are WOWWS !

And to add to those two, the Allante this week?

what are the chances ...
Please post the articles / pictures ..

in fact, maybe you can start a thread of " Grand Theft Auto - Stolen and theft attempts collection " in the Hobby section ?

I had a Stang stolen in '01 .. recovered in perfect condition minus wheels, tow truck dragged the car w/o wheels up to the flat bed, insurance totaled car with irreparable undercarriage damage. That insurance money bough my 1st Allante. The rest is history.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:05 AM

my favorite, the Cadillac Eldorado came to represent the best of everything: opulence, wealth, the good life and its always used in movies and wheels are so good in the road.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:37 AM

I had a 2000 Escalade and granted it was a beautiful truck, I replaced it with an '03 Yukon Regency. Now I have an '08 CTS and I do have to say it is the best for me I also have & hadseveral other cars to base my opinion on, but they are not Cadillac, so....'08 CTS3.6DI AWDfor me!

Old 05-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Bootsy

I had a 2000 Escalade and granted it was a beautiful truck, I replaced it with an '03 Yukon Regency. Now I have an '08 CTS and I do have to say it is the best for me I also have & hadseveral other cars to base my opinion on, but they are not Cadillac, so....'08 CTS3.6DI AWDfor me!
Motor Trend car of the year. Good luck with it.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: tascam

1998 Deville for looks and ride
I agree with u pal.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:23 PM

I'm new in here, but thought I'd participate. Had a 94 Deville and loved it. Tomorrow, I get my hands on my 1971 Eldorado convertible that I just purchased sight unseen (ebay). Look very forward to making her a traffic stopper!!

Quick Reply: The BEST car Cadillac ever made is the ..