General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

WHERE is THE FAN BLOWER FUSE FOR A DEVILLE 2002?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Default WHERE is THE FAN BLOWER FUSE FOR A DEVILLE 2002?

one day while I was driving my air completly stop comming out of the vents. It was working fine, but now it wont blow hot air or cold air nothing comes out the vents. The controls still turn on but nothing is blowing. When I pop the hood the ac line is still cold so I am assuming I need to find the fuse for the fan blower and switch it out. Can anyone tell me where it is located in the fuse box ? Thanks so much!

Old 09-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: WHERE is THE FAN BLOWER FUSE FOR A DEVILLE 2002?

ORIGINAL: kleankicks

one day while I was driving my air completly stop comming out of the vents. It was working fine, but now it wont blow hot air or cold air nothing comes out the vents. The controls still turn on but nothing is blowing. When I pop the hood the ac line is still cold so I am assuming I need to find the fuse for the fan blower and switch it out. Can anyone tell me where it is located in the fuse box ? Thanks so much!
your owner's manual should specify the location of the fuse ..
but
also consider the AC blower controller

ORIGINAL: Stealth

ORIGINAL: 97cadillac4397

after winter storage I took the battery out and charged it, started the car and the blower will not come on. I checked the ac fuse and ac relay the are good.
you may look into one of these .. they control AC blower functions.
you should find it by the blower on the engine side of the firewall.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GM-cadillac-AC-B...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 09-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: WHERE is THE FAN BLOWER FUSE FOR A DEVILLE 2002?

Should be an underhood fuse centre covered in a plastic shroud, driver side if I remember correctly. It will be one of those maxi fuses, about $20 from the dealer.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:59 AM

Chances are more likely that the blower itself has failed. This is a known issue with our cars. To check, remove the power plug from the blower and with a volt/ohm/meter, see if you are getting 12 volts at the plug. Like me, I suspect you will which means the problem is the blower. The blower plug is accessible via the passenger side footwell and is visible after you remove the under dash panel via two screws. You can find great instructions elsewhere on the Forum about replacing the blower. One last suggestion. If this is the problem, get a new replacement. TYC's are about sixty bucks online and are great units. This job is too much of a pain in the butt to have a non-new replacement fail on you as one did for me soon after installation.