General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Stabilitrak Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Question Stabilitrak Issues

Hi all, I'm a new member, I am having problems with my 2007 Esclalde. After blowing a rear tire, I had used the spare to get to the tire shop. The tire shop was able to provide me with an exact match to the rest of the tires with equal tread wear.

An hour after leaving the tire shop the DIC was reading: Stabilitrac System Disabled, Service Stabilitrac System, Park Assist Disable. The traction control light and the check engine lights appeared on the display. The truck was not shifting gears. I pulled over, turned the truck off and restarted. The lights were still on, the DIC was still wacky but the truck shifted and drove normally. A short while later the traction control light turned off. Check engine light remains on.

Any help with these issues would be apreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by TheCanadianDude
Hi all, I'm a new member, I am having problems with my 2007 Esclalde. After blowing a rear tire, I had used the spare to get to the tire shop. The tire shop was able to provide me with an exact match to the rest of the tires with equal tread wear.

An hour after leaving the tire shop the DIC was reading: Stabilitrac System Disabled, Service Stabilitrac System, Park Assist Disable. The traction control light and the check engine lights appeared on the display. The truck was not shifting gears. I pulled over, turned the truck off and restarted. The lights were still on, the DIC was still wacky but the truck shifted and drove normally. A short while later the traction control light turned off. Check engine light remains on.

Any help with these issues would be apreciated. Thank you in advance.
Get your vehicle into the Cadillac dealership that you feel comfortable with so they can diagnose the warning lights and messages that you are experiencing.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 03-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Default Stabilitrak Issues

Oddly enough, all the lights on my panel have gone out, the truck seems to be running and driving fine. Should I still be worried? Do I need to get it to the dealer?

Hopefully not, thanks for your input.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by TheCanadianDude
Oddly enough, all the lights on my panel have gone out, the truck seems to be running and driving fine. Should I still be worried? Do I need to get it to the dealer?

Hopefully not, thanks for your input.
So, if I understand your situation correctly, the warning lights were on, but they are now off?

I would take the vehicle into the dealership to see if there are any codes that they can pull for when the lights were on. If might provide you with some peace of mind.

On the other hand if there are not codes pulled, you can make sure the dealership do***ents your concerns which can prove to be helpful if you have this happen in the future.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 12-03-2019, 01:53 AM

I AM HAVING THE SERVICE StabiliTrak WARNING FOR JUST A SECOND AND THEN DISAPPEARING UPON THE START-UP OF THE CAR SOMETIMES. I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER BUT HE DID NOT FIND ANYTHING WRONG.
PLEASE ADVISE WHAT TO DO.

Attached Files
File Type: mov