General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

ROUGH IDLE & CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON!!

Old 09-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Default ROUGH IDLE & CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON!!

Well last night I was sitting at a drive thru ata fast food joint. All of a sudden my 2004 Cadi CTS V6, starts to Shake, and seem to feel like it was missfireing or something. Next thing I know about 15 seconds later my check engine light begins to flash. Funny thing is after the engine light flashed it stayed on, and seem not to Idle off as bad.... I got home checked a few things out, and disconnected my ground to reset engine light.. The light reset on start up, but begin to shake bad again, then again engine light flached, and then stayed on and idle better???? Anyone have any Idea,or ever experienced this before???? Thank You
...Medieval_Cadi...

Old 09-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: ROUGH IDLE & CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON!!

It would be nice to have a code, but you are describing symptoms that often point to coil packs and spark plugs going bad.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:21 PM

Well I took it in today, and came up with these numbers....P0205-Injector Curcuit Open Cylinder 5....P0300-Multiple Cylinder Misfire Dtected....P0305-Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected.......................I was told that big chance is that Fuel Injector #5 is bad, and should be replaced... Anyone else have any suggestions, or does that seem right? ...Medieval_Cadi...

Old 09-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

That's sure what the codes are pointing to. Sounds like you did notget the car repaired. I feel a misfire is related to sparks too, so check out #5 plug too. At least it will not be too costly to repair.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:21 AM

I did purchase, and have already installed all new Spark Plugs, and pulled the #5 fuel injector out.. Tomorrow I should be able to pick up the injector, and I will install it right after work, and see how that goes. ...Medieval_Cadi...

P.S. "Man Cadillac sure made it tough to get those spark plugs out"

Old 09-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck, let us know how it works out.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 PM

did you ever figure out what was going on with your caddy? my baby is spending the night at the mechanic's for a very similar problem.
mine was a continuous shaking and was not very noticable. i am predicting a simple plug needs to be replaced.
some advice would be helpful just incase the mechanic tries to pull the wool over my eyes.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:48 AM

Well. I installed the new fuel injector along with new spark plugs... But still the car is idleing rough???? I pulled out #5 spark plug, and noticed I have gas on the plug!! seems like its not fireing the way it should... Does anyone have an answer for me?? What sould I do next??
...Medieval_Cadi...

Old 10-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Coil.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Certified Members

Try a different plug wire on the number five and see if you get any change!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ROUGH IDLE & CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON!!