General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Removing ink stain

Old 02-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Default Removing ink stain

Somehow, I had a pen in my pocket that decided to poke through and leave an ink stain on the door of my new Cadillac SRX. The good news; the Cadillac dealer put the DuPont treatment on this car when I bought it, and I was able to remove the stain with a simple Armor-All Wipe.

Now the bad news: I also drove my wife's 2009 CTS, and somehow left a similar spot on the door there (arm rest). Armor-All didn't begin to touch it; nor did alcohol, Wesley's Bleche-Wite, numerous other auto upholstery cleaners, hair spray, nail polish remover, or as a last resort, Comet Cleanser. The one thing I haven't tried yet is lacquer thinner or similar solvents, simply for fear of melting the door panel. Looks like it's there to stay.

Any further suggestions? If I can't get the stain out, is there a leather dye touch-up available that will match? I'd love to hear your thoughts. This car looks impeccable except for this stain. Thanks in advance!

Old 02-10-2016, 09:08 AM

I just checked in to see if by chance there's an answer, but instead I see that the forum has placed an ad for a Honda within my message. Really? I should trade in my Cadillac for a Honda?

I have nothing against Honda, it's a good product in its own right, but be serious!