General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RAndomly all dont work.Power Locks, Fuel Level, Gas Door, Interior Lights, Cgarette Lighters

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Default RAndomly all dont work.Power Locks, Fuel Level, Gas Door, Interior Lights, Cgarette Lighters

So here is my story. I have a 1998 Cadillac Seville STS. I got backed into in a parking lot not a big deal at all, anyways, I brought my car to the body shop like 2 weks after to get the damage fixed. it was a dent in my back left quarter panel. i went to pick it up and everything looked fine. I got in the car, and i noticed, my gas was on empty, but it wasnt getting a reading at all. I went to the gas station and put 7 gallons in, and it still didnt move. Then I realized my power locks werent woring either. Also, my interior lights wont go on, and my trunk and fuel door button wont work either. However, my power windows still work, so do my power seats, my headlights work fine, radio is fine, ac works, and pretty much everything else. Has anyone had this happen. I checked the fuses related to these things and none of them are broken. Could it be a relay or something. Or is it something else. I have no idea what the body shop did to it. I brought it back there and they tried but couldnt fgure it out. If someone has an idea of what I can do please help me Im desperate and don't want to randomly run out of gas

-Eric

Old 10-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: RAndomly all dont work.Power Locks, Fuel Level, Gas Door, Interior Lights, Cgarette Lighters

All fuctions are controled Rear Intergration Module.It may have been damaged in accident, it's located behind rear on left side, loose ground G401 locate in left rear of trunk.If insurance co. involved in repair notify them. Let them tell you where to take it to get fixed, if you don't let them know ahead of time. You find yourself S.O.L.with the" E-GHOST " that can take alot of time and money to find and correct. No insurance look in areas where car was repaired, take trunk liner out, check grounds, damage to wiring harness, partial connected connectors. Hope it helps

Old 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: RAndomly all dont work.Power Locks, Fuel Level, Gas Door, Interior Lights, Cgarette Lighters

ztevenz.... please keep this thread alive, and let the forum know exactly what the prob is/ was.......... have similar prob, with out the accident........... i too am about to change the rim......
as slowroll mentioned, check the ground 401. its easy to get to.... that is where (i think) your prob is....... oh for sure, inform insurance........ also WELCOME to the forum.......have fun!
rickyd

Old 10-24-2007, 05:25 PM

does anyone know of where I could get pictures of where these parts of my car would be like the pictures they have a mechanics shops or at dealer so i know what im looking for for the rear integration model and the ground g401...thanks

Old 10-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Certified Members

98 seville manual is availible in paper back.check with www.helminc.com,ebay, used manual venders.you may be able to get copies of pages at local dealer. Misnamed ground last post your are looking for G402 same location . Behind trunk trim panel at rear of left rear wheel well, black plastic box with back wires attached to it. Parts dept maybe able give picture of RIM location.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:19 PM

Ok so my mechanic told me after searching around my rear integrationmodule, that he found a ground wire that was broken, and that this caused it to burn out my rear integration module, and that it needs to be replaced. This sounded a little strange that it would be broken if the ground wire just got disconnected, but he said i need to replace it. I really don't think its full out broken, but what is your opinion??

Old 10-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Certified Members

If ground was coming and going, voltage surges or spikes would kill a module. So it is very possible.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 AM

I have a 93 fleetwood..The whole interior light work except the dash and radio..The fuel and mph works too..Plus my brake light at night time doesn't come on unless I apply the brakes..Can this be the ground too..

Old 11-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Certified Members

90 fleet, repost in fleetwood section. Please better explain what is going on with car. I am not understanding your post.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: ztevenz

does anyone know of where I could get pictures of where these parts of my car would be like the pictures they have a mechanics shops or at dealer so i know what im looking for for the rear integration model and the ground g401...thanks
slowroll, ztevenz.....grd 401, and 402..... i'm going off ALLDATA report showing 15 different grounds for 99 sts... #5-grd 402 on drivers side rear....#4-grd 401 on passenger side rear........ gosh, i hope i didn't give wrong info......
rickyd

i also have pic of RIM, located passenger side, behind rear seatback..... i think that is theside of accident. which would be ground 401 side.........
rickyd

Quick Reply: RAndomly all dont work.Power Locks, Fuel Level, Gas Door, Interior Lights, Cgarette Lighters