General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Overheating problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Question Overheating problems

Hi my name is Jessica I have a 2006 Buick Lucerne cxl with a Northstar V8 engine. I bouht this car used and until now i have not had any major problems. I have kept up all basic maintence on the car. I started having over heating problems my check engine light comes on every once in while and goes out. To make a long story short i took it to my local mechanic and told him whats going on. there is no leaking water under the car and pressure in the hoses builds up fast. Im also getting code p0304. I was told that if i have these two problems then it means there is a blown head gasket....can someone please help and tell me that maybe its something else minor. i have only had the car 4 months. HELP PLease

Old 06-11-2012, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chonntae
Hi my name is Jessica I have a 2006 Buick Lucerne cxl with a Northstar V8 engine. I bouht this car used and until now i have not had any major problems. I have kept up all basic maintence on the car. I started having over heating problems my check engine light comes on every once in while and goes out. To make a long story short i took it to my local mechanic and told him whats going on. there is no leaking water under the car and pressure in the hoses builds up fast. Im also getting code p0304. I was told that if i have these two problems then it means there is a blown head gasket....can someone please help and tell me that maybe its something else minor. i have only had the car 4 months. HELP PLease
Were you able to get more information about your situation with your vehicle over the weekend? If you are still searching for other possibilities as to what is going on with your car, you can have other shops look at it for a second opinion.

I apologize; I am not able to diagnose concerns since I am not a technician.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 06-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Certified Members

in our FAQ forum there is detail information as to what to look for and even some work arounds ...