General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know you here the overheating story often but i have to ask..

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Default I know you here the overheating story often but i have to ask..

Hey guys. I have a 2001 cadi SLS Seville v8 Northstar (yes I said Northstar lol ) I ve owned this car for a lil over three years. About a year ago I had the head gaskets replaced due to overheating (that was a huge ticket) with a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty. Unfortunately, right after the warranty expired (I put 16000 miles on it) I'm having the same problems with the engine (the temp going up and down maybe a little over 3/4 over heating). Even after replacing the water pump & belt, radiator and thermostat recently. I heard rumors of a GM product that could seal the head gaskets before it becomes a major problem again. My question is:

A: does this GM product exists ? And if so, where can I purchase it?

B: Blue Devil claims to be safe for Northstar engines. Could I use it? And if I do, what would happen?

C. Could it be something else thats causing the car to overheat that I overlooked?
I'm a college student so I can't afford to put another huge amount of money into this car AGAIN...

But if if find a way to solve this problem through this forum then you will have a loyal follower.

Please help and thank you in advance.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Tech Certified Members

try our FAQ section, particularly this thread:

https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/...k-repair-2474/