General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Heater Fans Fuse location?

Old 09-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Default Heater Fans Fuse location?

OK guys...my heater core had one of the heater hose nozzles break off at the firewall a few months back. Water came in onto the floor through the heater vents. I have replaced the Heater Core but my fans now will not come on now. I looked in the fuse box on the drivers side of the engine compartment and do not see anything labeled "heater fans". Is this somehow tied to the A/C system? My A/C is not charged and the compressor off.

Also, In overhauling the cooling system, I removed the Thermostat from the engine. After replacing everything in the Cooling system, I have the overheating under control to some degree, but it is still drinking water at about a half gallon for every 10 miles or 20 minutes of driving. It only starts to overheat when it gets low on coolant. Since I don't drive far and I'm disabled and can't work...I just keep adding water after every trip and coolant on the 3rd. Its not pretty, but its working for now. Need heat though. Any help? duke

Old 09-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Certified Members

Check for codes. There is not a fuse for blower by it's self. Need a little help what year and model.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:51 AM

97 Seville SLS. Had an overheating problem...big surprise, i know. I need to keep the car so I'm replacing everything needed in order to get a couple more years out of it. I replaced the Radiator, rerun new heater hose to the Heater core (metal pipe on back side of motor leaked at the clamp) new thermostat, water pump and running coolant at about 70/30. My cooling is fine as long as I keep coolant in reservoir tank. It does drink some coolant with no vapor coming out the exhaust or water in the oil pan. I assume its burning it from an interior exhaust leak through the head gasket. I'm hoping like hell its not the head bolts, but i assume i would see more water leaking under the car SOMEWHERE. No water, no leaks. Anyway...I do have a brother-in-law who worked at GM for years and he knows how to get into the computer to run codes. I'm assuming again, this is what your referring to? When replaced the Heater Core, I seen no water damage or parts problems: at least on the pass side. I did get water coming through the bottom vents on both sides though. If I get an error code from the computer, can it just be reset? ...or...is there a function I will need to perform requiring the dash to be pulled? Thanks for your help SLOW. Stealth helped me out eary on in my quest for caddy repair initiations. I consider myself fairly capable after also replacing the Alternator and doing a complete tune up. Left on my list is the replacement of the Gas Tank (small leak when too full) and the struts in the front. Other than that...I have a good car with 160K miles that runs like you can't kill it. I hope my tender loving attempts at longevity will pay off for me. I'm disabled with neck problems from breaking it 11 years ago and had to shut fown a Mortgage business 3 years ago. Waiting on SS Disability now. In Mich...I'm not holding my breath. I've lost or sold everything I can in the past 2 years. Gotta keep smilin and hang in there though. Hope you can help. Again...thanks for the reply. dc