General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

i need a cadillac mechanic in chicago il

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 AM
eze
Unhappy i need a cadillac mechanic in chicago il

I have a 1967 Deville that i cant get it to start the car use to start if i sprayed some started fluid in the carb and it would stay on for the time it was warming up after i taker out a couple of blocks the car would die out when i be waiting at a light for it to turn green. It would not start unless i sprayed more starter fluid in the carb again and again it would work fine for a couple of minutes but again it would die out again.
I took the car to the cadillac dealer and they told me that I needed a new card or rebuilt but the car was to old and they did not have the parts to fixs it so they told me to try to look on line what i did was go to Auto Zone to buy something for my other vehicle and decided to ask if they sell carburetors to my surprise they did and told me they could get the one i needed for my car the next so i ordered it and got it i took the day off and try to do the job my self and I have never worked on a carb before but i figure al give it a try BIG MISTAKE i took old one out and put new one in i had a gas leak on the gas line that went to the card or the filter started to leak and the engine cough fire in a matter of seconds they fire spread all over the engine by the time i got a water hose and turned off the fire the damage was done i burned everything that was rubber or plastic on the engine compartment
1. All of engine wire harness.
2. All the spark plug wires.
3. All belts.
4. All vacuum lines.
5. All electrical wires. that run to starter and battery cables.
6. Cap and rotor.
7.Radiator hoses.
Since then i have replaced everything that burned on the car my problem now is i got the car to crank but i have no spark and no gas comes up to the fuel lines to the carb i did replace the fuel pump also but still i get nothing is there maybe some relay or something that i could of burned that needs to be replaced that is causing me not to get spark or the fuel to run. I despretly need help i have had this car for over ten years now and never really drove it because it would always die out on me and now after this damage its sits again i really need it running my family doesnt say much but are really tired of it not working and taking space and the time i spent on it. i really want to get this car running and enjoy it this summer i do not want it to sit in my garage another summer i want this car running. so if your in the chicago area and could help please respond if you can help. thank you for reading this. sincerely eze 67 deville

Old 04-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Default Caddy repair

You might contact this gentleman. Maybe he can help. I believe he is near Chicago. Good Luck!!

http://www.midwestcadillacrepair.com/

Old 04-06-2011, 01:22 PM

u need to check the module in the dist cap
it control spark and fuel

Old 10-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Default Cadillac mechanic in Chicago needed

If you are still seeking mechanical work on your Cadillac, we can help you!
We have just completed restoration work on a 1960 & are currently working on a 1962 Cadillac. Our small, rural shop would welcome you & your car. We have decades of expertise in classic & vintage automobiles. We, however, do no body work, just mechanical, electrical systems, etc. ( ZZAAPP HOME )
Thanks, hope to hear from you! zzaappmann.