General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

dumbfounded: Cadillac CTS windows, trunk, seats, locks, alarm & CD dont work

Old 04-10-2010, 11:26 PM

There are some 'local friendly mechanics' with the equipment to program GM modules. One example is Fleet Services in Everett, WA. You will have to ask around wherever you are. Also, you are not necessarily stuck with your Caddy dealer. Any GM dealer should be able to do it.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:22 PM

The mechanic doing the SCAM test he first thought it was the BCM but he also said that it could be an electrical problem and would need me to bring it back for a more in-depth review. But he also said for me to disconnect the battery and touch the two cables together for a brief minute. He said that has worked in the past re-setting the main computer. I did but it didn't immediately work. A day or so later the radio kicked back to my programed stations and everything worked. I'll be surpried if this works for any period of time.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Certified Members

Rebooting system tend to relate to software issues. As I understand it you bought this car with this problem, you need to tread softly in regards to professional techs. Some actually do try to help you out, your "scam tech" sounds like he maybe good guy...why he try to re-boot it to see if it helped.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Default None of my windows will roll down!!! CADILLAC CTS 2003

Hey all,

So i have an 03 Cadillac CTS with a similar problem. All the windows won't roll down from neither the driver control side or the respective window control area. When i press the button, all I hear is a click noise (not constant, just one click as if some fuse is blown or so). I've taken it to a dealer and a local tire shop. The dealer told me something and the tire shop gave me a second opinion (given that this tire shop has a very good rep, i took their word). They said they ran tests on my car, reset the car, took the battery out for 30 minutes, power tested the computer box, even hooked up one of their own machines to try and get the window down (this last one worked, but when they connected everything back on my car, it wouldn't work). EVERYTHING checked out, they said my car tested excellent, but they just couldn't find the source of the problem after holding my car hostage for 2 days. Even my window regulators are all in great shape. PLEASE, ANY kind of help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2012, 01:56 AM

have a 98 deville switched out radio now the windows, gas latch, trunk, wont work, left the car sit for 2 days & now it will not start, anyone have any idea what is going on, someone said the wiring harness may have been affected, or the brain?????

Old 09-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Default 98 deville window, trunk, gas latch wont work

i have a 98 deville switched out the radio with another, now the windows, gas latch or the trunk wont work, anyone know what the solution is to fix my car

Old 10-12-2012, 12:33 PM

Same issue but with 1999. And not radio but lights interier..and other stuff....

Old 10-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Unhappy Windows & trunk release not working consistently.

2003 CTS-My front seat passenger side power window doesn't work it only goes down from the driver side control. Plus I noticed that my trunk release button from the hand held key controller doesn't always work. It forces me to use the trunk opener button inside the driver door panel. Is this a sign that the window module needs replaced? Or is there a more serious problem.

Last edited by buffojb; 10-14-2012 at 10:32 AM.