General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

dumbfounded: Cadillac CTS windows, trunk, seats, locks, alarm & CD dont work

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Default dumbfounded happy

Thanks guys, I certainly hope I don't need to discuss this problem again. Oh, ya the CD player still doesn't work but that's a seperate issue.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by buffojb
I disconnected the battery and so far everything went back to the original settings and I have had no problems with the windows, driver door lock, trunk release etc. Thank goodness.

just for the hay of it, please check your codes..... let us know what comes up.
thanks
rickyd

Old 03-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Unhappy DumbfoundedAgain

Well guys it was good while it lasted. Last night I went out hit the door lock to open the door got in and guess what. The radio stations bounced to a new setting and guess what. No driver & rear windows would open, trunk release wouldn't work, door lock wouldn't work, the beep when the alarm button was hit didn't sound etc. etc. So I guess I'm back to square one. Also new the "service engine soon" message came on the radio. Could these things really be coming from some short in the radio?

Last edited by buffojb; 03-28-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Certified Members

codes.codes.codes.... like right now.... also what are your presets?? yours, or the old ones?? 2003 cts, not sure where the RIM is..............slowroll, you out there??

Old 03-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Certified Members

pull codes, and make sure you log 'history' vs 'current'

Old 03-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Angry dumbfoundedagain

Ok you guys certainly have way more knowledge than I. How do I get to these codes and how do I set them. Or do I go to a dealer and have them set them.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Certified Members

As far as I know you will need scanner to retreive codes. Dealer responce is ???, CD player maybe programming. or you need a new radio. Replacement will need to be programmed to car, it is best to stay with what it came with. Check fuses, you will need service info either FSM or Alldata.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Default Dumbfoundedagain

The CD player never worked from day one. I never thought that it would have anything to do with whats happening. As for the FSM or Alldata what or where do I get that info.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Certified Members

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2b.html#bod try here... see if you can get any info from it. as slowrool mentioned, might need to take it to dealer, (dealer friend) to get codes. possibly, one of the chain auto parts stores would be able to do it for you.... sorry if i in fact mislead you about pulling codes, though not sure. SLOWROLL, ARE YOU FOR SURE ON THAT??? NEEDS TO TAKE TO DEALER TO PULL CODES?????. THanks..lol

rickyd

Last edited by rickyd; 03-30-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Certified Members

On-board as I know it was never on CTS. Car will likely have to go to dealer, you could call around to see if someone has a scanner that will read all the codes not just ABS and engine. You could try "craigslist" for dealer tech looking for side money, to help you. Alldata.com you can subscribe for service info. I think they are/were a site sponsor

Quick Reply: dumbfounded: Cadillac CTS windows, trunk, seats, locks, alarm & CD dont work