General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Blower Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Default Blower Newbie

Hey all and this is my 1st day on the forum after inheriting my dads 1997 Deville with 50k,just did the head gasket and assorted other things for $3500 but just yesterday while driving,the car made this strange Whooooooooo like sound for a few seconds and the heat n A/c blower shut off and I could smell like that wire burning smell.. I have no more money, I mean big money for this car so I was hoping someone might head my in the right direction... No Error messeges on Display, Also the a/c control center display still shows all stages of blower like Auto Low, Auto Auto High but not a drop of air. Thanks all.... One more thing I just notices, the colum shifter feels stiff and takes some effort to get it back on park but not always will it show in park and auto open the doors, all shifting letters blink and I have to go from R to P a few times before it activates the P properly and opens the doors? Adjustment or some sort of Lube to loosen it up? Sorry for the ramblin but I would like to keep this car and try to save big dealer repair costs... regards