General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Door Card Removal 1999 Cadillac Seville STS

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Default Door Card Removal 1999 Cadillac Seville STS

Greetings!

Both myself and another 99 Seville owner are baffled on how you remove the interior door card. I have the full GM workshop manual which offers no real help and my door card in my '99 STS does not have any obvious screws/bolts to remove except for one single screw on the lower edge.

I have a donor STS and tried with more force to remove the door card having prised it away all around outer edge but there seems to be some kind of fixings behind the armrest/handle that are holding it in place and yet there are no blanking plugs or removable panels on the door anywhere to get at these.

How do you remove these?

Last edited by DJWerkz; 02-10-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:35 AM

I finally worked out how to remove the front door panel, you pull the door release handle on the inside of the door and gently prise away the plastic cover behind the handle, this reveals a single large cross-head screw.

On the armrest there is the grab handle, directly behind that you have the cushioned panel area, the section behind this grab handle is actually veclroed down and you just prise it up from the lower edge and this reveals two large cross-screws.

After all these screws have been removed all you need to do ir work your way around the door panel edge prising the panel clips (plastic studs) free. There is a single screw in the lower edge of the door panel I believe.

This is different to the instructions in the GM workshop manuals.

Last edited by DJWerkz; 02-10-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DJWerkz
I finally worked out how to remove the front door panel, you pull the door release handle on the inside of the door and gently prise away the plastic cover behind the handle, this reveals a single large cross-head screw.

On the armrest there is the grab handle, directly behind that you have the cushioned panel area, the section behind this grab handle is actually veclroed down and you just prise it up from the lower edge and this reveals two large cross-screws.

After all these screws have been removed all you need to do ir work your way around the door panel edge prising the panel clips (plastic studs) free. There is a single screw in the lower edge of the door panel I believe.

This is different to the instructions in the GM workshop manuals.
good info .. thanks

Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Certified Members

i have photo instructions if you need them..... let me know if you still need help..
rickyd

DJ.... i'll try and e-mail them to you..

just sent it.... hope you got it!!

Last edited by rickyd; 02-10-2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: e-mail stuff