General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Climate control panel issue

Old 05-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Default Climate control panel issue

I have a 2008 Cadillac CTS, my climate control just stopped working while driving down the road. it wont blow air, ac, or heat. The panel's digital readout still works and you can select and change temps but the blower, ac, and heat will not work. I havent tried reseting the battery yet but that was my first thought.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Caleb06
I have a 2008 Cadillac CTS, my climate control just stopped working while driving down the road. it wont blow air, ac, or heat. The panel's digital readout still works and you can select and change temps but the blower, ac, and heat will not work. I havent tried reseting the battery yet but that was my first thought.
I can understand the frustration you might be going through trying to get this figured out and resolved. Please, clarify this for me… you are not getting anything so the blower motor is not running at all? Were you able to contact your local ASE Certified technician to see if he could provide you with any other avenues to look into?

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 05-28-2012, 06:53 PM

Its the blower motor not running at all, i can hear the AC kick on but nothing comes out of the vents unless im moving and its very little at that, ive checked the fuses that run the blower according to my owners manual and disconnected my battery for 5 mins and checked if that did anything. i probably have a relay not functioning and im going to take it in to my local GM place on my lunch today. hopefully its something minor and a quick fix.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Caleb06
Its the blower motor not running at all, i can hear the AC kick on but nothing comes out of the vents unless im moving and its very little at that, ive checked the fuses that run the blower according to my owners manual and disconnected my battery for 5 mins and checked if that did anything. i probably have a relay not functioning and im going to take it in to my local GM place on my lunch today. hopefully its something minor and a quick fix.
Thank you for the additional information about your situation with your Cadillac. Please, let me know how things go at the dealership.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 07-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Angry

I have a 2008 CTS and the passenger side climate control is stuck on 90°.
I was told I had to replace the entire control panel which includes radio and all. Does anyone know of a recall or service bulletin on this issue?
It must be common as there are a ton of the control panels advertised on ebay, problem being, you have to make sure your are getting the correct part number as they are programed for the car?

Old 07-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Tech Certified Members

You should have started your own thread, not try to bring 2 year old thread to life. Old threads don't always get read. No recalls that I know of. If you go to or call dealer with VIN They can tell you of any warranty recalls or policies that apply to car. Radios tend to be more problematic along with cosmetic wear than HVAC. What happens if you turn off pass control?

Old 07-16-2014, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by wildgraphics
I have a 2008 CTS and the passenger side climate control is stuck on 90°.
I was told I had to replace the entire control panel which includes radio and all. Does anyone know of a recall or service bulletin on this issue?
It must be common as there are a ton of the control panels advertised on ebay, problem being, you have to make sure your are getting the correct part number as they are programed for the car?
Hi wildgraphics,

I can understand how unpleasant having the passenger climate control stuck at 90 must be. If you would like to PM me your VIN, I can check our system for open recalls associated with your vehicle. I can also reach out to an internal resource and see if he can determine the part number for your control panel. Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss this further, or you can email socialmedia@gm.com with “Attn: Austin” and reference this thread.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

Old 12-13-2014, 07:06 PM

Any answers to this problem? I had the same thing happen, blower works, resistor is good , panel is good, fuse is good, what could it be??? I'm selling this and going back to audi!

Old 12-17-2014, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Brandow83
Any answers to this problem? I had the same thing happen, blower works, resistor is good , panel is good, fuse is good, what could it be??? I'm selling this and going back to audi!
Greetings,

Apologies that you're experiencing similar concerns. I understand how displeasing this would be and realize you're seeking opinions about it. However, if you'd like to consider getting an official GM diagnosis, please message me privately as I can reach out to the dealer's Customer Experience Managers (CEM) for additional assistance. If you'd like to contact us privately, we'd be happy to discuss this with you further.

William R. (assisting)
Cadillac Customer Care

Old 04-03-2017, 01:17 AM
Default 2008 CTS Heating And AC Control Issues

We are the proud owner of our third CTS, and we absolutely love these cars. And just like the previous two, we have had very little issues with this car.

However, now the digital A/C and Heater temperature control / thermostat on the console is stuck. It will go up, but if we move it up, even a degree or two, it will NOT go back down. So right now, it's at 73 degrees which is ok for springtime here in Texas, However, this obviously won't work, for the duration for the summer, when we have temperatures, well over 100 degrees. So, we're not going to raise the setting at all, just to keep it comfortable, until we can get this issue fixed. The AC and heater both actually work, and so does the fan, at all levels, but we just can not get the temperature setting to go back down.

The car has about 140K miles so it's out of warranty, but please tell me if there may be a recall on this issue ?

If not, please tell me if this is something I can fix, by just replacing a part.

And if so, what's the GM Delco part number ?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Climate control panel issue