General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

98 cadillac Deville radio removal/THEFT

Old 08-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Default 98 cadillac Deville radio removal/THEFT

Hello Caddy fans,
my dad has the standard 98 Deville.Whenthis 98 came out it did not come with the CD player or Delco 12 Disc. It just has the standard AM/FM cassete. How hard is it to remove this radio for the dash board??? I noticed whenI slide the cigarete tray out there aretwo (2) screws that look like it may be holdingin the radio from underneath. There has to be more screws than that...right? Any HELP with this would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have foundthe same radio that has a CD player. Itcame out of a 99 that fits into my dads 98.T his radio/CD may be locked due to the removal of it from the junkyard. Itdoes have the THEFTLOCK on it. I heard that you have to take the radio to a dealer and they will charge to have the correct code to unlock it. Looking on the internet I have found how to get the codes to unlock it......but not for the Deville radios. Curently no onehas found a way thatI know of on how to unlock the theftlock on these DEVILLE radios. I would really like to skip the dealer in any way......Thank you again................Ryan

Old 08-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Default RE: 98 cadillac Deville radio removal/THEFT

The face plate that goes around the radio wrapped in the leather material should pull right off. work your way from the bottom by the ash tray and work your way up and around. then it should just pull right off. this should give you access to the rest of the screws in each corner of the radio. As for your new radio your probably gonna have to contact the dealer by phone and read them some info(ex: seriel # etc.)of the radio so they can give you the code to unlock it