General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 SLS Wiring Burning

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:54 AM
Default 95 SLS Wiring Burning

Hi. I have a 1995 SLS. The other day I opened my trunk to grab something out, and noticed a funny smell. After looking around a little Ialso seen smoke! Well the smell was coming from some wires that were RED hot and melting the black cover. The melting starts in the wires leading into the fuse box in the trunk ( it may even start further into the car, i didnt go in that deep), then I looked around some more and seen a wire that goes up the trunk hinge had melted. Well now I have no right tailights, or driving lights up front. I had someone hit the brakes and the brake lights work. I checked all the fuses, and sure enough the right tailight fuse was blown. Well afterI replaced it, it still didnt turn them on, and the fuse didnt blow. Another problem that I believe this caused is my trunk pull-down motor will not shut off.. it will just keep going up and down until you close it, but it will shut off when you close the trunk. I have no idea what caused the wires to melt, but they arent doing it anymore even after replacing fuses. I do remeber a while back i had to replace a light socket and thought that was the problem, but i checked it out and it was fine, and when i replaced a license plate light the drivers side bulb was melted into the plastic socket. If someone could please help me out it would be greatly appreciated.