Go Back   Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners > General Technical Section > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2010, 03:55 PM

Default 2003 Deville idle and stalling problem

My 2003 Deville was dying at times upon stopping but after I cleaned the throttle body and EGR valve, it ran great for 1700 miles. It has now started to idle eratically high and low and is wanting to die again at times upon starting and at stops. Does this sound like the IAC valve and can I clean it/ fix it without replacing it and where is it located? Thanks for any input!
Old 03-07-2010, 02:27 PM

I have a 2000 DTS thats doing the same thing, yeah you may want to look into replacing the IAC and the TPS sensor. The IAC is located on the side of the throttle body.If you are facing the engine look directly down the side of the throttle body, you will see it, I believe its held in place by 2 screws, and the Throttle position sensor is located directly under it with two screws as well. TPS sensors are fairly cheap, but be prepared to pay some money for the IAC. I called a few place with no luck, dealer wated $350.00
Old 04-23-2010, 05:32 AM

hmm.thanks for giving infornation
Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 AM

Try looking at the intake phelum. They crack on the bottom. I had the same in my 03.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 AM

Tags
1993, 2003, cadillac, deville, escalade, iac, idle, problem, problems, rpm, seville, stall, stalling, sts, valve