General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2000 deville computer says overheating but all seems fine...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Question 2000 deville computer says overheating but all seems fine...?

Hello
just bought a 2000 deville and fell in love. Two days later, wipers wouldn't turn off so replaced wiper motor. A week later one of the tv's in the back stopped working so when pulling wires from under front carpet, noticed water on driver and passanger sides....mechanic said ac evaporator or something was clogged and took care of it. Now the computer keeps saying check coolant levels. Had oil changed and coolant added....still says it. Now, computer shows engine hot and turns off ac and shows temperature on high. Open hood and car seems perfect to my husband....fan works, coolant area is fine...no leaks...and he says it's just the computer...but I'm freaking out. Overheats when driving not so much when just idle. Someone now said to reset computer by unhooking battery for a few minutes. Any suggestions ????
I just got this car a couple weeks ago and love it....but come on it's like a weekly issue now.
Thanks!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Certified Members

Being you just got it have CO test - coolant test done to eliminate head gasket concern. It is possible coolant temp sensor is degraded and it not reading correctly. You will need a scanner and thermometer to evaluate sensor.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Default engine hot turn off A/C

Hi we have had the same problem but it's only after my hubby replaced the rad has your problem been fixed if so what did you do?

Old 06-19-2011, 07:43 PM

water on the floor
do u have a sunroof
are any wires on the floor in water
does it leak from the windshield and falling inside the vehicle