Go Back   Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners > General Technical Section > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2009, 06:51 PM

Unhappy 2000 Cadillac Escalade Fuel Pump Problem!

Hey guys and girls,
About a year ago I had a problem with the truck and it would start to lose power while driving it for awhile. It felt like no power or no gas getting to the carburetor. I ended up changing the fuel pump inside the gas tank, it worked. After two months I had to replace it again. After four months I did it again. It's doing it again after a year now and I just changed the oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1 because the light came on. I also have changed the gas filter every time I replaced the fuel pump. I can only go about four or five miles before the truck starts loosing power then I have to stop - shut it off (wait 5 min.) and then I can go another four or five miles before it starts again. Would you have any idea what my problem could be before I pull the fuel pump again for the fourth time. The service light is not on anymore since I changed the oxygen sensor either. Can I be going through fuel pumps like this? 4 in a year and a half almost, this is crazy. Any help is appreciated thanks!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:51 PM

Tags
00, 2000, cadiliac, cadillac, change, escalade, filter, fuel, location, power, pump, pumps, relay, wont, work