General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dumbfounded: Cadillac CTS windows, trunk, seats, locks, alarm & CD dont work

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Unhappy dumbfounded: Cadillac CTS windows, trunk, seats, locks, alarm & CD dont work

I just bought a 2003 CTS. I programed the radio for my local stations which were different than the previous owners. Then my trouble started. At various times the radio would shut off and when i turned it back on the radio stations went back to the previous owners. But then the windows didn't work, the trunk lid button wouldn't work, seat settings wouldn't work, drive door wouldn't lock and the alarm wouldn't work, CD player didn't work. I was told by the dealer that I needed a new radio because the radio controls all those items. Anyone know anything about this, and could I get a regular after market radio?

Last edited by Stealth; 02-10-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Certified Members

dont really think seat settings, trunk lid, drv door lock, and windows inop are related to radio. as for installing an after market radio..... why not. if done professionally. i think you some issues as far as internal ground problems, or possibly a bad rear intergration module. keep us posted
rickyd

Old 01-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Default dumbfounded once more!

Thank you Rickyd for the response. My only confusion still is why does all this stuff not work only when the radio switches back to the previous owners station setup. When my programed stations are on everything works. One guy said to disconnect the battery + and - pools for 20 minutes. That may reprogram the computer module to the original setup.
Were is the integration module? That Internal wire problem, would that be the connection to the radio or under the dash on driver side.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Certified Members

yes.... disconnect battery to reset electrics. asumed to be done. that just might clear all funny stuff. you know that the memory 1, and 2 seats have to accept the radio station presets that you put in? other wise when you use remote, they will go back to previous settings.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Smile dumbfounded again!

Thanks again Rickyd I will disconnect the battery and get back to you. I will reset the #1 & #2 key functions as outlined in the manual.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by buffojb
I just bought a 2003 CTS. I programed the radio for my local stations which were different than the previous owners. Then my trouble started. At various times the radio would shut off and when i turned it back on the radio stations went back to the previous owners. But then the windows didn't work, the trunk lid button wouldn't work, seat settings wouldn't work, drive door wouldn't lock and the alarm wouldn't work, CD player didn't work. I was told by the dealer that I needed a new radio because the radio controls all those items. Anyone know anything about this, and could I get a regular after market radio?
if the dealer actually said that, find another dealer to work with in the future.

as stated in previous posts, disconnect battery for 20 minutes, but while battery is disconnected, try to turn on everything, turn on ignition, etc .. all while no battery is connected. when you reconnect battery, reboot of all systems should happen.

another possibility is lose grounds.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Default dumbfounded

I disconnected the battery and so far everything went back to the original settings and I have had no problems with the windows, driver door lock, trunk release etc. Thank goodness.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by buffojb
I disconnected the battery and so far everything went back to the original settings and I have had no problems with the windows, driver door lock, trunk release etc. Thank goodness.
I'll be dammed .. and we didnt sell you a new radio?

Old 02-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Certified Members

yahooooo Cadillac Forum!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Certified Members

ohhh geezzzz .. now who do i sell the spare radio to ?

Quick Reply: dumbfounded: Cadillac CTS windows, trunk, seats, locks, alarm & CD dont work