General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

07 STS4 water on floorboard pass rear

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Default 07 STS4 water on floorboard pass rear

Hey all...my wife has water on the passenger floorboard of her 07 STS4. I've looked at a lot of different information both here and other places on line and it seems like this item usually deals with the drain tubes for the sunroof being plugged or the condenser drain being plugged.

I set the car on a level surface and poured a pitcher of water into the tracks of the sunroof. The front two flowed very nicely and the rears had flow but the fronts seemed to take away most of the water. The water was coming from the front door jambs and somewhere by the rear mud flaps and on all 4 corners.

I then ran the car for about 20 minutes with the air on ice cold setting and I did witness condensate coming from somewhere by the fire wall more toward the driver side middle. I didn't go under the car frankly because I'm huge but was able to watch it drip from the side.

I have soaked up the water and it does not appear to have any sort of color or smell to it. I can also tell you that the vents under the seats have dry dust in them, so don't think its coming from there. the carpet is dry going up the sides of the floor pan. There doesn't seem to be any "water marks" coming from any vents or anywhere else.

What is my next mode of attack?

Old 05-29-2015, 11:58 AM

No thoughts?? Ya that's kind of where I'm at too...guess I will be pulling seats and carpet to get to the bottom of it....maybe I'll strike oil