General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

04 Escalade HID options?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Default 04 Escalade HID options?

Hello i found this forum using a google search. My headlight is out on my 04 Escalade. Bought a new bulb and managed to install it. I didnt touch it with my bare fingers. That did not work. So i must need a new ballast?

My local mechanic says theyre $300. He tried to find me a used one but i havnt heard back. My other headlight is starting to fail. The other day i had both not working and it was scary. Used my fog lights to get home.

Searching around i see mention of aftermarket options. Some guys were keeping the original ballast to act as a dust shield, then installing a new ballast that is much cheaper priced. The threads im reading are 10 years old. Trying to find new info. I have a neighbor who is handy and can help me install the new ballast. Whether it be a stock replacement or a cheaper generic ballast.

Also read a thread where people ditched the HID all together. I want to keep this car for many more years and pass down to my son. But i dont want to spend $600 on new ballasts if possible. I dont care if the ballast is slow to reach full brightness.

What are the options these days? Thank you

Old 05-06-2016, 01:55 PM

Bumpity bump

Maybe i should have posted in the Escalade forum?
Was not sure which to choose.