FAQ Frequenly Asked Technical Questions. This section is read only, and posts are made by the staff. If you have something to contribute contact any moderator.

Reduced engine power

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Default Reduced engine power

I have a 2003 cadillac cts, I keep getting reduce engine power warning and my check engine light comes on. I have replaced my crank shafts sensor 4 times. Take it to the mechanics for the 4th time this week they finally get the error. Now they are saying I need a new valve cover gaskets. You can turn the car off let ot sit them it will drive normal. Could it be the throttle body needs cleaning and the wires to it. I have also read the accelerator sensor needs to be in line with the open air intake from the throttle. How do I reset the computer to clear out the bad codes

Old 12-10-2014, 01:22 PM

I just had the valve cover gaskets replaced and the crank shaft sensor replaced. My 03 CTS just did the engine power reduced thing last night. Car started shaking a bit and lost all power. Shut it off and engine light on now and ran fine. Its at the shop being looked at. I have had this car less than a month and had a issue every week with it. If you find something out let me know.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by sandra2581
I have a 2003 cadillac cts, I keep getting reduce engine power warning and my check engine light comes on. I have replaced my crank shafts sensor 4 times. Take it to the mechanics for the 4th time this week they finally get the error. Now they are saying I need a new valve cover gaskets. You can turn the car off let ot sit them it will drive normal. Could it be the throttle body needs cleaning and the wires to it. I have also read the accelerator sensor needs to be in line with the open air intake from the throttle. How do I reset the computer to clear out the bad codes
I have a 03 as well. Hold F1 and F6 buttons on the radio down at the same time. Choose from list "reset codes"

Old 06-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Default Engine power reduced?

I just bought a 03 cts from a private owner couple weeks ago and this display popped up. Car cranked but accelerated real slow, light shaking and then cut off. I reseted the codes and let it sat awhile. Cranked and drove with no problem. A week later this issue happened again. What would be the problem and cost to fix this?

Last edited by VLady; 06-17-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Memphis13
I just had the valve cover gaskets replaced and the crank shaft sensor replaced. My 03 CTS just did the engine power reduced thing last night. Car started shaking a bit and lost all power. Shut it off and engine light on now and ran fine. Its at the shop being looked at. I have had this car less than a month and had a issue every week with it. If you find something out let me know.
I'm having this same issue. Could you keep me informed on what the problem could be or is and the cost?

Old 09-18-2015, 04:37 AM
Banned

A mechanic should be having a test drive on your ride, i am sure within the first attempt he will know exactly whats up with it.
Because this is the way for it if we see majorly and that's the thing that helps me the most.