FAQ Frequenly Asked Technical Questions. This section is read only, and posts are made by the staff. If you have something to contribute contact any moderator.

Electrical Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Unhappy Electrical Issue

2008 CTS
-2 months ago my alarm (Factory Installed) would go off after being in the rain Hood Open /theft message appeared took it two times to the dealership finally they said it was a faulty sensor and it was repaired.
-three weeks ago went through a bad rainstorm and puddles parked the car and when I came out again (3o Minutes) the hood message came on again and then I started it but couldn't put in Drive. Called the Cadillac tow the guy couldn't put in drive had to release the linkage to put in neutral to tow.(Sun night-Mon was labor day)
The dealership couldn't find anything wrong when they looked at it on Tuesday.

-Two weeks later raining and when I touched the door handle alarm went off (Said theft attempted ) but the car started and was fine.

I am scared now to drive my car in the rain. Any ideas ?
(Its under an extended warranty that I paid GM extra for to 82 K miles (Has 64 K) If it happens again and I get stuck and I have to get towed and they cant find anything wrong I might be forced to sell
Any help /comment I will be grateful

Old 09-27-2012, 03:12 PM

@Dennis Brady, I would like to research my resources about your situation with your 2008 Cadillac CTS. I will be sending you a private message with the information I will need to get going on this for you.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 11-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Default Electrical Problems Continued

They replaced the Body Control Module. After that the auto lights started to go off every so often (Had to click it back on) The dealership said they couldn't find anything wrong. today waiting in a long gas line (Sandy) and by putting it in park a few times while waiting in line the symbol came on (Car skidding symbol) and it became slightly difficult to get out of park. (Left the gas line didnt want to get stuck).what could it be. I am at my wits end especially now living in a hotel (Because of no heat or electric in my house-Hurricane). any ideas or should I just try to dump the car by trading it in at a car dealer (NOT CADILLAC). Getting tired of the dealer say "There is nothing wrong" since I have proven them incorrect twice already. NEED ASSISTANCE

Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 AM

@Dennis Brady, please, check your private messages as I will be sending you a note requesting additional information in order to look into this for you.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 11-05-2012, 10:22 PM

Today i going to ask a question which is that The electrical issue is causing my dryer not to work. He's known about this for 4 days now. He told us he'd have his father look at it yesterday but with it being Mother's Day, they didn't show. He then said he'd have his father come out today and they have yet to come or answer our phone calls. I understand this isn't as important as an A/C issue or anything however; it is an inconvenience. I'm just wondering how long does he legally have before he has to tend to the issue?

Last edited by Edwards0; 09-30-2014 at 02:38 AM.